New member with Manx in Seattle

General discussion area. A place to take a break and share your buggy world with others.
Dinger048

New member with Manx in Seattle

Post by Dinger048 »

Long overdue here, finally joining up. I bought a new Manx Signature Series, or some call it a Classic Manx?, from Bruce and Winnie after getting the news about them back in ‘98 I think? Either way, I originally ordered serial number 99/100 since when I got Winnie on the phone she had already sold numbers 001, 002 and 100. Well, a few months after I sent my check I got a phone call. “Hi John, sorry to call but we are having trouble selling all 100 Classic Manx body kits. So at this point we may only finish yours, and we are only at number 47. So, do you want number 48?”
After meeting the Meyers’ in my snowy driveway in Perkasie, PA upon delivery, a whole separate chapter in my Meyers Manx upbringing unfolded.
That’s another story. Hope y’all tolerate me and I’m super stoked to be in the Manx club!
I learned how to drive on a pre-tag Manx in PA. I bought Signature Series Manx #48/100 and Bruce delivered it to me. Blessed.
GotManx

Re: New member with Manx in Seattle

Post by GotManx »

Welcome to the club. I have Signature Manx #19.

Jon