EVENT: MANX in the Midwest STATUS

Trip tales and travel stories from around the globe. Share your adventure!
Chicago Joe

EVENT: MANX in the Midwest STATUS

Post by Chicago Joe »

With the MANX in the Midwest event only 78 days away, a friend who lives in Dyersville, Iowa, asked me If the Manx Club was
aware of the massive construction of building numerous new baseball fields was going to have any impact on our event. I
replied that the Club was very experienced in dealing with the various last minute agenda problems.

Sure hope I am right.
isucorvair

Re: EVENT: MANX in the Midwest STATUS

Post by isucorvair »

Dyersville is an hour from my house.....I could run up there and snag some pics, if need be.

I know there is no 'Field Of Dreams' MLB game this year, due to the construction. If I remember correctly, they are making the MLB size stadium more permanent, adding a parking lot (no more corn-stubble parking!), and the biggest project: adding multiple additional fields for travel team tournaments. I'm fairly certain that the 'magic' of the original movie site (its real, I played catch with my daughter under the lights after the first MLB Field of Dreams game, on the movie field) will be kept, and when the corn is up, most of the additional new fields wont be visible.

I'm still scrambling to get my Manx together.....still looks like a big model kit, but I have high hopes. The Corvair engine should go in the chassis tonight!

Eric P.
DeWitt, IA