West Coast Cruise to Manx in the Midwest event

Trip tales and travel stories from around the globe. Share your adventure!
manxvair

West Coast Cruise to Manx in the Midwest event

Post by manxvair »

The Manx Club will be gathering for the Manx in the Midwest event June 8-11 2023 in Dubuque, IA. The main attraction will be at the Fields of Dreams site from the movie of the same name starring Kevin Costner. I am planning a route to drive our buggy to the event and we welcome anyone that would like to caravan with us. If you drive/ride in a buggy for at least 1000 miles on this journey you will earn the Long Haul award. I am planning this route to try to be as scenic as possible, this trip is all about the journey. We will have some short milage days and a couple of long milage days. If you're interested in cruising with us just let me know, if you have hesitations about attempting such a journey just reach out and talk with someone who's done it, I don't think there is anyone that regrets it.
**The tentative plan**
*Day 1-Sunday 4 June 2023, Depart Mohave Valley, AZ drive to Hurricane, UT 251 miles
*Day 2-Monday 5 June 2023, Hurricane, UT to Durango, CO 395 miles, Drive through Zion Natl Park, and visit 4 corners monument
*Day 3-Tuesday 6 June 2023, Durango, CO to Manitou Springs, CO 336 miles via the Silver Dollar Hwy and a run up Pikes Peak
*Day 4-Wednesday 7 June 2023, Manitou Springs, CO to Lincoln, NE 525 miles long day but necessary
*Day 5-Thursday 8 June 2023, Lincoln, NE to Dubuque, IA 383 miles

I'm still working on the return trip and hoping to stop for a couple of days in MOAB, UT. This round trip will take 2 weeks on the road, I plan to be back in Mohave Valley, AZ no later than Saturday 17 June 2023. We have plenty of space to leave tow vehicles at Dario Motorsports and even a couple of rooms & our motorhome for overnight stays before and after the trip.
Mike Dario
Mohave Valley, AZ
Manx Club #957
Manx Club President

Tow'd (Hers)
Manxvair (His)
Manxter Dual Sport #30 Baja Edition #2 (Ours)
Resorter #19-Fuscia(under construction)
manxvair

Re: West Coast Cruise to Manx in the Midwest event

Post by manxvair »

If you are considering joining us on this journey please let me know, Post a response here and send me an email manxvair@sbcglobal.net let me know if you are driving a 1. buggy or another vehicle towing or not. 2. Estimated milage of vehicle. 3. number of people in your party
Mike Dario
Mohave Valley, AZ
Manx Club #957
Manx Club President

Tow'd (Hers)
Manxvair (His)
thudson

Re: West Coast Cruise to Manx in the Midwest event

Post by thudson »

Hoping to join you on this journey driving our buggy.
manxvair

Re: West Coast Cruise to Manx in the Midwest event**20230513 UPDATE**

Post by manxvair »

*6/4 Depart 7097 S Kaiser Dr, Mohave Valley, AZ 86440- Travel to Hurricane, UT (251 miles) Wingate by Wyndham 780 W State st, Hurricane, UT 84737
*6/5 Depart Hurricane, UT-Travel to Durango, CO (398 miles) Travel through Zion, NP, Page, AZ, 4 Corners. Baymont by Wyndham Durango 3255 Main Av, Durango, CO 81301
*6/6 Depart Durango, CO-Travel to Colorado, Springs, CO (380 miles) scenic Silver Dollar hwy, visit Pikes Peak. Quality Inn & Suites, Garden of the Gods, 555 W Garden of the Gods Rd. Colorado Springs, CO 80907
*6/7 Depart Colorado Springs-Travel to Lincoln, NE (518 miles) Long day looking to avoid I-70 & I-80 as much as possible. Quality Inn & Suites, 7333 Husker Circle, Lincoln, NE 68504
*6/8 Depart Lincoln, NE- Travel to Dubuque, IA (398 miles) avoiding I-80 as much as possible Best Western Dubuque, 3100 Dodge St. Dubuque, IA 52003

*There is space to leave tow vehicles at my house while on this trip. 7097 S Kaiser Dr, Mohave Valley, AZ 86440. We also have a couple of rooms and an RV available for Saturday night 6/3-6/4 and also on the return leg of the trip.
*My plan is to visit MOAB, UT 2-3 days on the return leg, and be back in AZ no later than Saturday 6/17.
*The Landons will have their 5th wheel trailer/truck and will meet us after Zion(trailer not allowed to go through park)

**If you wish to join us at any point of the journey, Please email me mdario@manxclub.com**
Mike Dario
Mohave Valley, AZ
Manx Club #957
Manx Club President

Tow'd (Hers)
Manxvair (His)