Manx In The Middle-Official Thread

Upcoming events and get-togethers. Where are we going next?
RedBaronofRedBud

Manx In The Middle-Official Thread

Post by RedBaronofRedBud »

Barb and I hope that everyone had a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

With a new year, comes a new Manx Club event...Manx In The Middle! This will be the first time a Manx Club event has been held in the middle of the US, so the name fits! We are hoping this event will be an annual event and give our members nationwide more access to our great buggy community! I can say that Barb and I have met many people who we feel are not only friends, but family!

With that said, the MITM event will be held in Collinsville, Illinois, September 8th-September 11. The host hotel will be:

Double Tree Hotel Collinsville/St Louis
1000 Eastport Plaza Drive
Collinsville, IL 62234
Rate-109 per night
Reservations-866-235-4657 (Reference "Manx Club")
Reservations must be made by August 17th, 2016

This location is only a few miles from downtown St. Louis. There are many amenities in the area of the hotel (restaurants, gas stations, shopping, Wal Mart, Home Depot, auto parts, etc), and easy access to the interstate. There is ample parking for cars, trucks, buggies and trailers. This was the hotel that the Shuffle to Buffalo crew used, so ask them about it. We can tell you that its a first class facility and we have used it as a base for other events in the past. We hope to have links to make reservations online soon. The link will be posted as soon as we get it.

The schedule for MITM will be, but is not limited to the following:

Thursday night:
5pm-10pm-Meet and greet-St Clair Room of the Doubletree
Friday:
9am-Loud and Quiet pipe contest-parking lot of Doubletree
11am-Photo opportunity at Malcolm Martin Memorial Park across from the Gateway Arch
---Afternoon will be free to explore the area (Budweiser, Arch, Forest Park, Ted Drewes, etc)
7pm-to 10pm-Die Cast racing-VW or buggy 1:64th scale-St Clair Room of the Doubletree
Saturday:
9-11am-Show and Shine-Doubletree parking lot
Noon to 4pm-Cruise to Grafton, IL along IL-100 and the Mississippi River
7pm-1130pm-Awards, silent auctions, shenanigans, thank yous!-Madison Ballroom, Doubletree
Sunday:
Goodbye breakfast (groups can get together where they desire)

That is schedule as it stands right now. Some of the times may change but this is about 80% solid. More details will be given in the coming weeks and months.

The diecast racing is like you did as a kid, with Hot Wheels track. We have a digital finish line and plenty of track. We will post the rules and details in the coming weeks and months.

As a bonus, Bruce and Winnie have said that they will be attending! What a great honor to have the Father of the Dune Buggy at our event! We are truly happy to invite them both and look forward to the stories!

There is so much to see and do in St Louis, I just hope that everyone will mark their calendars and plan on attending. There are going to be a couple of cruises headed this way, so there are opportunities for Long Haul Awards!

Barb and I have a great group of individuals that are helping and we appreciate everything they are doing. (I wont mention names at this time, so as not to embarrass them) Many have asked what can they do to help. Well, spread the word! Let your buggy friends know that this will be an opportunity to go to a Manx Club event and even meet Bruce Meyers! Also, we will need donations for raffle items, silent auction items and gift bags! We will also need volunteers for raffle tickets, signups, and many other things that I havent thought of yet!

If you would like to donate, have contacts that might like to donate, or would like to volunteer, feel free to email me at manxinthemiddle@gmail.com.

We all look forward to seeing everyone. See you in St Louie!!
Last edited by vincent9993 on Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Removed sticky
joescoolcustoms

Re: Manx In The Middle-Official Thread

Post by joescoolcustoms »

In addition to this event, I will host a Cruise from Charleston WV to this event. We will log right at 500 miles on this cruise, so, if you are 500 miles from Charleston WV, you can make it a two day cruise and earn your Long Haul League pin and decal Award.

In March, I will post up a Host Hotel near Charleston so you can plan a trip based on miles and make reservations. I will leave early Thursday Morning and return Sunday.

To qualify for the Long Haul League Award, you have to either ride or drive (which can include a combination there of) in a dune buggy 1000 miles or more to a Manx Club sponsored event. So, you do not have to travel back with the group, only to the event.

This Cruise will be named Buggy's To The Middle, or BTTM.

To be eligible for this separate event, you must be a Manx Club Member and have you buggy street legal for your State and have current applicable Insurance.
RedBaronofRedBud

I have the link for your reservations at our host hotel. This place is fantastic with a huge lot so trailers are ok (Mike Dario).

We are also working on a Web presence. More info on that as we have it

Also, talk to your friends and let them know about this great event. If you're a member and have never been to an event because it's too far to the coast, come on. We will have fun and you'll get to meet the man himself, Bruce Meyers!

See you in St Louie

http://doubletree.hilton.com/en/dt/grou ... .mc_id=POG
Tim and Barb Byrnes
Team Kermit
Long Haul League
ECVW 14
S2B 15
BTTB 15

Join us in St Louis for Manx in the Middle 2017!!!

Im not a complete idiot...there are pieces missing.
RedBaronofRedBud

Good morning!! We have a other announcement for MITM....a Web presence! Gary Holbrook has graciously agreed to host a Web presence for us on the East Coast dune buggies site! It looks great and has plenty of information

http://eastcoastdunebuggies.com/mitm.htm

If you have questions or suggestions, please let me, Barb or Rebecca know!

Tim and Barb
Tim and Barb Byrnes
Team Kermit
Long Haul League
ECVW 14
S2B 15
BTTB 15

RedBaronofRedBud

MITM prep is still going and we are excited about all of the interest in the first official manx club event in the Midwest! We are working on some great prizes and surprises!

We are working on having an online application process via the east coast dune buggies site to hopefully streamline the process.

Shirts are designed and will be ordered. Black with a 4 color screen print, front and back. They look sweet.

Donations are needed for the raffles, silent auction, and door prizes. If you want to donate, but just want to bring them, LMK what it is and we will add it to the list. Otherwise, you can mail em to us. If you need my address, email me at manxinthemiddle@gmail.com

More updates as we know more!

Tim and Barb
Tim and Barb Byrnes
Team Kermit
Long Haul League
ECVW 14
S2B 15
BTTB 15

Chicago Joe

Re: MITM Motel Rate 12% off

Post by Chicago Joe »

June 14, 2016
For those Manx Club members who need to secure motel rooms for events, here is something to
keep in mind. While each of the event coordinators work very hard to put together a very good
rate on motel rooms, there may be cases where a quick check of the motel rates will result in some
savings. Our event planners do such a good job, that it is usually a waste of time to try to find
a cheaper rate elsewhere. I was very surprised to find a 10% plus less expensive rate at the
Doubletree in Collinsville, IL, facility.

While researching the room for the “Manx In The Middle” (MITM), which is scheduled for the St.
Louis, MO area this September here is what I found a couple of days ago.

Host Hotel Information as provided on MC site:
Collinsville, IL 62234
Rate-$109.00 per night, plus tax
Reservations-866-235-4657 (Reference "Manx Club")
Reservations must be made by August 17th, 2016

Hotel Information as provided on various web sites & the Doubletree.com website:
Collinsville, IL 62234
Rate-$96.00 per night, plus tax
Reservations-866-235-4657 or use the hotel website, Trivago.com, or Expedia.com

NOTE:
There are a few things that you need to be aware of. The $96.00 rate is non-refundable. SO you
will need to be 110% sure that you will be able to make it to the event, or you will lose the deposit
on the room. If you decide to use the less expensive rate, you will save over 12% ($13.00 per night)
on the room. This is enough to offset part of your food & beverage expenses. I have no idea how
long this lower rate will be available.
RedBaronofRedBud

Thanks, Joe! I appreciate the information! The Double Tree and the Manx club have reserved a minimum of 35 rooms at the 109 rate. If you can find a better rate, that is good, but please make sure you let the hotel know you are with the Manx in the Middle group so we have an accurate count.

We will be opening registration in the coming weeks, so mark your calendars!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Tim and Barb Byrnes
Team Kermit
Long Haul League
ECVW 14
S2B 15
BTTB 15

RedBaronofRedBud

We took a ride last night to the Culvers car show that happens the 3rd weekend of the month. This place is righy around the corner from our host hotel!

We then took a ride to a local ice cream (custard) parlor named Bobbys. We are planning a Friday night cruise there called "Light up the night" where we take our buggies and turn on all the whips and underlights. This will be after the Hot Wheels races.

Hope to see you soon!

Tim and Barb Byrnes
Team Kermit
Long Haul League
ECVW 14
S2B 15
BTTB 15

BRamsey55

Post by BRamsey55 »

Sounds great !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RedBaronofRedBud

BRamsey55 wrote:Sounds great !!

Who will be the person to win this? Gotta come and see!

Tim and Barb Byrnes
Team Kermit
Long Haul League
ECVW 14
S2B 15
BTTB 15

RedBaronofRedBud

We are getting ready to open registration soon. If you haven't made plans, do so now!

I know that we all are looking forward to being hosts for this event, and time is counting down.

That said, if you would like to donate prizes of ANY kind, please LMK. We won't turn anything down (even hot sauce! ;-))

Hope everyone is having a great summer and see yall soon!

Tim and Barb Byrnes
Team Kermit
Long Haul League
ECVW 14
S2B 15
BTTB 15

BRamsey55

Post by BRamsey55 »

I have something in the works but wont know just how its going to work out just yet so i dont want to commit just yet on the donation

RedBaronofRedBud

BRamsey55 wrote:I have something in the works but wont know just how its going to work out just yet so i dont want to commit just yet on the donation

Tease...

Tim and Barb Byrnes
Team Kermit
Long Haul League
ECVW 14
S2B 15
BTTB 15

ManxManiac

Post by ManxManiac »

Hey Tim & Barb... I'm sure the "MITM" will be a great success!!! Patricia & I really wanted to attend, with or without Xena, but it just isn't possible for it to happen this year!!! We'll see you at #2 !!!
Michael Cates
ManxManiac
Ventura, CA
Original Meyers Manx "Xena"
M1609C8S22
RedBaronofRedBud

We look forward to seeing you both and Xena next year!

Tim and Barb Byrnes
Team Kermit
Long Haul League
ECVW 14
S2B 15
BTTB 15