Do you know a guy?

When it's just not buggy related.
Faron

Do you know a guy?

Post by Faron »

My brother who lives in Jacksonville, North Carolina will be picking up a car that he had restored here in The Texas Hill Country. He is very good at his job, but he is no mechanic. The car is not a Dune Buggy, but it is Aircooled. It is a 1964 Chevrolet Monza Convertible. He has pictures of it with him standing nest to it when he was in elementary school so it has incredible sentimental value to him.
Like I said before, he is no mechanic & we all know that older cars need to visit the shop from time to time. So the reason that I post this is that I am looking for advice or recommendations to shops or people who can work on a Corvair motor. If you happen to know someone, please email me at faron@savethetexasdunebuggy.com

Thanks in advance,
Faron
rzeller

Re: Do you know a guy?

Post by rzeller »

Faron,

I live 1 hr south of Jacksonville, in Wilmington. I don't know anyone who specifically works on Corvairs but I do "have a guy" who is great with A/C VWs. I don't know if it helps or not, but can pass on the info if your bother wants to call him.

Bud
Bud Zeller
Wilmington, NC
Manx Club Member Since 2004 - #2475
Member of the Manx Club's Long Haul League - 2015
2018 NORRA Mexican 1000 - #1356 - Bad News Racing
2022 NORRA Mexican 1000 - #3347 - Bad News Racing & ACME Companies
2023 NORRA Mexican 1000 - #1356 - Bad News Racing
'68 Meyers Manx - M1996F826S
'66 VW Kombi Bus
'73 VW Thing
Faron

Re: Do you know a guy?

Post by Faron »

Thanks man! I hope that I can find someone Corvair specific, but will keep that in mind.