Billed Twice

When it's just not buggy related.
FulsGld

Billed Twice

Post by FulsGld »

Not sure who to contact, but it looks like the same thing happened this year as it did last year. I have been billed twice for my membership. Who do I get in touch with to see about resolving this? Thanks.
Gary Berry
Prosser, WA
1971 Turista
1969 ManxVair
Member #1112
Chicago Joe

Re: Billed Twice

Post by Chicago Joe »

Gary,

There is a glitch in how the payment software processes the sale for the dues. It makes the item a recurring charge and is thus an automatic payment every year on the same day of the year. It is possible for a member to go into his account and clear it all out. How ever I have found a simple solution - just write a check, and mail it to the membership chairperson. This gives me total control over my payments to the Manx Club. I think that somewhere in the processing the MC is charged a $2.50 handle fee on each membership dues payment transaction. So when you write the check, you are providing the MC with the full $30.00, instead of a discounted fee associated with the credit card transaction. It is not that significant, but when added up the club "pays" a good sized chunk of money annually for using a accepting a credit card for payments made by members. If 500 members make a $30.00 dues payment each year with a credit card, the cost is $1250.00. That would pay a big part of 1 issue of the Manx Mania.

So once you get the auto pay problem resolved, write a check every year and give the club just a small boost in the actual funds received from your purchase. Instead of giving the "middle man" $250.00 per transaction.

Joe
Joe Spittler - 1118
manxvair

Post by manxvair »

FulsGld wrote:Not sure who to contact, but it looks like the same thing happened this year as it did last year. I have been billed twice for my membership. Who do I get in touch with to see about resolving this? Thanks.
Gary, I will let Lori Ann (membership chair) know about this.
Mike Dario
Mohave Valley, AZ
Manx Club #957
Manx Club President

Tow'd (Hers)
Manxvair (His)
Manxter Dual Sport #30 Baja Edition #2 (Ours)
Resorter #19-Fuscia(under construction)
manxvair

Post by manxvair »

Gary,
The 2nd payment has been refunded, it may take a couple of days to show up. You will have to go into your Pay-Pal account and make the adjustments to the recurring payment settings.
Mike Dario
Mohave Valley, AZ
Manx Club #957
Manx Club President

Tow'd (Hers)
Manxvair (His)
Manxter Dual Sport #30 Baja Edition #2 (Ours)
Resorter #19-Fuscia(under construction)
michaellennox

Post by michaellennox »

Let me know if someone replies, since I really want to know what has really happened to your double charged bill.