WHAT THE HELL

When it's just not buggy related.
DosPerrosMotorsports

WHAT THE HELL

Post by DosPerrosMotorsports »

happened to my last post ?? I have contacted a BOD member,....LIKE you said to do........just NOT the prez..... & you may NOT like the "quoted items" that I emailed to him !! There is absolutely ZERO reason to remove this post !!

Mr. BiLL
lastmanx

Re: WHAT THE HELL

Post by lastmanx »

Yet SPAM is always allowed and present. Seen on this site by few.
manxvair

Post by manxvair »

Bill, The quoted items can't be any worse then the hate for the club and the BOD you've expressed on your own sites or the hate you've sent to me in private messages. That's why I don't understand your continuing this topic thread. YOU are the one that called and and asked to be removed from the membership rolls of the Manx Club. It is true the Manx Club has changed a lot in the last 20 years, the club has grown leaps and bounds, the attendance at events grows with each event, the number and locations of events continually evolves, with this growth comes responsibilities and now the club must be operated more like a business, there are taxes to file, Insurances to be purchased and standards for events that are constantly being raised. The elected BOD voluntarily works hard and sacrifices a lot of personal time to try to ensure the members enjoy their club, but first and foremost this club is about enjoying our hobby and not about personal attacks on others and their choices.
Mike Dario
Mohave Valley, AZ
Manx Club #957
Manx Club President

Tow'd (Hers)
Manxvair (His)
Manxter Dual Sport #30 Baja Edition #2 (Ours)
Resorter #19-Fuscia(under construction)
lastmanx

Post by lastmanx »

?
Last edited by lastmanx on Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rzeller

Post by rzeller »

lastmanx wrote:Pay your dues, and put your $50,000 buggy back on its trailer and get to the "event" so you can drive smooth dirt roads of exhilaration and wright about it in the news letter. Hurry or you WILL pay double at the event. (yes the club changed for the Better; oops I meant wealthier). Besides nobody uses this site any more; its all about face book and other brag sites.
I’ve sat on the side lines and held my tongue for the last time. I’ve seen a handful of my fellow club members and non-members (who claim to be enthusiasts) take pot shots at others solely because they don’t do things the way they do or as they perceive should be done. One of the things I have loved about the dune buggy hobby and this club has been/is that fact that you could show your individuality through the build/customization of your buggy and be accepted by everyone with the Manx Club. However, that mindset seems to threaten some who have lashed out from the privacy and safety of their keyboard (which in itself is a sad commentary on “social” media in general). Some days I feel like I’ve stepped back into the snobby car clubs that I have belonged to in the past and left.

Another imagined slight on this handful of naysayers is the perception that if someone else’s buggy is built differently or at a higher cost than theirs (which unless they are paying the bills, is interesting in how they know the cost or how hard the owner worked/saved to afford to build their buggy). I have had the pleasure of attending a number of different club events from the east coast to the west coast and noticed that buggy builds differ as much as the owners do. Most buggies have been purposely built to the owner’s wants or needs and/or the environment they are drive or race them. ONE SIZE does not FIT ALL!

Trailering – this seems to be another pet peeve of the handful. I guess if you don’t drive your buggy to an event you shouldn’t be able to attend? I’ve done both and had fun participating in the events regardless of how the buggy got there. I don’t recall anyone asking me to justify my travel mode as a pre-req to attendance. Nor has my trailering my buggy to an event diminished someone else’s fun.

Since it seems to be important to the handful to qualify themselves by the number of years they have been a club member I’ll offer this – I’ve been in the Manx Club for 14 year and I wasn’t able to participate in any events until 2011. Prior to that it was through the newsletter that I learned anything about the club. Thankfully there were those who were willing to spend their personal time to write stories about their experiences during organized events and side trips with other club members. It never ceases to amaze me how the handful can take time to criticize those willing to share their stories but not the time to submit their own stories or articles. I guess it continues to show that it’s easier to critique or criticize than it is to produce an original idea.

The business of running a large club – I suppose a sign of growth and progress is/are in the form of complaints from members and non-members who would rather critique those willing to invest personal time rather than getting involved in helping shape the future of the organization. Many years ago I felt there was a need for our Board of Directors to “look more like” the membership from a geographical point of view, so I got involved (ran for the board). Along with others willing to sacrifice their personal time (and it is a time commitment) the board has grown this club in membership and club events. However, I fear there are going to be fewer and fewer volunteers stepping forward to help in any capacity with our club since they risk being a target of the handful that are all too quick to publicly shame them for thinking or being different. Any guesses on what will happen to the Manx Club over time when fewer and fewer people volunteer their time?

The solution is simple; don’t like something then get involved. The “brag sites” are for everyone, even the non-club members. The club newsletter is for all club members to contribute. The club is for ALL members, not just the ones that look like the handful.
Bud Zeller
Wilmington, NC
Manx Club Member Since 2004 - #2475
Member of the Manx Club's Long Haul League - 2015
2018 NORRA Mexican 1000 - #1356 - Bad News Racing
2022 NORRA Mexican 1000 - #3347 - Bad News Racing & ACME Companies
2023 NORRA Mexican 1000 - #1356 - Bad News Racing
'68 Meyers Manx - M1996F826S
'66 VW Kombi Bus
'73 VW Thing
lastmanx

Post by lastmanx »

:shock:
Last edited by lastmanx on Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mutterranch

Post by Mutterranch »

I’m. Not a member but I’m on this site a lot.
Well said rzeller!
Way to many people just like to bitch to make themselves feel good.
hillmotorsports

Post by hillmotorsports »

Tip of the hat to you Bud. I am sure I am not alone in my appreciation of both your comments and your commitment to the Manx movement. Rosemarie and I have enjoyed attending the events you have been involved with, you always throw in some fun and different activities, are always making sure people have choices to suit their own agendas and timetables. Thank you.

I am further impressed with your professionalism, always trying to solve issues behind the scene rather than airing the dirty laundry in public, avoiding mud slinging on the social media networks as has become the norm. Another thank you.

We're hoping to have our Tow'd on the road to attend Manx Around the Mountain with you!

Paul
Rosemarie and Paul Hill
Morrisburg, Ontario
Canada
613 330 4862
Member #4502
DosPerrosMotorsports

Bill, The quoted items can't be any worse then the hate for the club and the BOD you've expressed on your own sites or the hate you've sent to me in private messages.

WHERE IS THIS HATE ???

SHOW ME !!
astmanx wrote:
Pay your dues, and put your $50,000 buggy back on its trailer and get to the "event" so you can drive smooth dirt roads of exhilaration and wright about it in the news letter. Hurry or you WILL pay double at the event. (yes the club changed for the Better; oops I meant wealthier). Besides nobody uses this site any more; its all about face book and other brag sites.

RIGHT ON. my buggy brother!!\
Last edited by vincent9993 on Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed Fbomb
DosPerrosMotorsports
..... Design & Prep.....
....Air-Cooled only....

VWF-FVW

1172x
DosPerrosMotorsports

manxvair wrote:Bill, The quoted items can't be any worse then the hate for the club and the BOD you've expressed on your own sites or the hate you've sent to me in private messages. That's why I don't understand your continuing this topic thread. YOU are the one that called and and asked to be removed from the membership rolls of the Manx Club. It is true the Manx Club has changed a lot in the last 20 years, the club has grown leaps and bounds, the attendance at events grows with each event, the number and locations of events continually evolves, with this growth comes responsibilities and now the club must be operated more like a business, there are taxes to file, Insurances to be purchased and standards for events that are constantly being raised. The elected BOD voluntarily works hard and sacrifices a lot of personal time to try to ensure the members enjoy their club, but first and foremost this club is about enjoying our hobby and not about personal attacks on others and their choices.
SO, WHY keep attacking ME ?? YOU can not even provide the alleged post that got me banned from the MC FB page by 2 unidentified admins, who ALSO can NOT produce the alleged post. Someone thinks I am "bad" so lets just flush them ( yes INCLUDING my wife) down the drain. THEY have a different opinion, damn them...... IF your NOT part of the "clique" & you can claim that it does NOT exist, you are of NO USE....................................us poor, un-connected, "peons" are easily replaced by the $50,000 car & $500,000 motorhome owners....all because I choose to maintain Bruce Meyers ORIGINAL concept of a light-weight, short wheelbase, VW powered off-road car, used as intended by it's creator!
DosPerrosMotorsports
..... Design & Prep.....
....Air-Cooled only....

VWF-FVW

1172x
lastmanx

Post by lastmanx »

WOW! Just for the record I never saw or know anything about the removed post, but it must have been interesting. I do however own a 2000 signature series Manx. I bought it thinking it would be one of the last 100 Manx ever built; thus becoming quite valuable. Didn't happen. But it did cost $20,000 to complete in 2000. It does not get rebuilt yearly as fads change. It is the same as built. It was built to drive highways to and on Race point Beach, Ma. It has for 18 years. This is my first computer; typing with one finger. I started contributing to this site when I saw simple questions going un answered or directed to an expensive solution. I had to help as I had encountered most problems myself. I began to find the simple inexpensive solutions were overlooked in favor of a costly repair. I then realized the site was hardly used, which was why I was answering most questions. The facebook site was were others were. I thought I could learn something from this site I didn't already know. Didn't. When I saw mention of ample trailer parking available at Manx events I understood the direction had changed. I don't really care. It reminds me of my pals who attend Harly Davidson events all over the USA but trailer their bikes to the far away event, saying its all about the ride and the freedom; what ever. When I mention members trailer their buggys they get all defensive. Its their hang up not mine. If my buggy were to break down at least I could fix it myself. This nonsense of wth has been the most action this site has seen in years. I am truly entertained by all of it. The fact that the club is raffling off 2 free buggys in an attempt to keep members speaks volumes. Yet members still drop out. But it worked on me: if not for the raffle I would not have renewed. Please understand I have been into buggys long before the manx club and driving the beach in buggys for 10 years prior. I can survive with or without the club. I would like the club to continue on in whatever direction it wants. Buggy on and keep smiling, I am.
Harry21

Post by Harry21 »

What the hell? :shifty:
kelly21

Post by kelly21 »

Gingle Bell. :D