Buggy's at the Bobs Big Boy in Burbank, Ca.

When it's just not buggy related.
Ken

Buggy's at the Bobs Big Boy in Burbank, Ca.

Post by Ken »

Lurker here, and decided to introduce myself, I'm Ken and I live in Washington state. I was in So.Cal. Last week for a few job interviews, and stopped at the Bob's Big Boy for cruise night in Burbank.
Met a few Buggy owners and had a nice chat with them. I've always just been a lurker here because I love Buggy's, but don't have a real MANX, so didn't post anything. I forgot their names and am sorry for that, but here is their line up, and if they see this, they'll remember me, as I showed them some of my build in pictures on my phone.
Thanks, Ken

Ken

Re: Buggy's at the Bobs Big Boy in Burbank, Ca.

Post by Ken »

Here are a few pics of my unknown brand. But from searches, I believe it was built by a company called Buggies Unlimited, in Daly City, Ca. (So. San Francisco area)

Ken

Post by Ken »

It's obviously NOT a Manx, so if it's not welcome on a "MANX" oriented site I understand and feel free to delete. The picture of the pan is some of the repair work I've been doing. Replaced about 2 feet of the bottom of the tunnel, and English wheeled, shrink/stretch, and bead rolled it to look like it was never repaired, also replaced the bottom head plate, and bottom of the Napolean hat.

rzeller

Post by rzeller »

Ken wrote:It's obviously NOT a Manx, so if it's not welcome on a "MANX" oriented site I understand and feel free to delete.
Ken,

Here's the beauty of the Manx Club: the club and it's membership welcome all "comers" regardless of the brand or breed of fiberglass dune buggy or historic metal dune buggy (e.g. Empi, Burro) you may have. In fact, you don't even need to own a dune buggy to join the club, just be an enthusiast. Your dune buggy is very nice and I think you will/would find that you are welcomed with open arms. There are a LARGE group on non-Manx dune buggy owners active in the Manx Club. Browse the gallery on this site and you will find/see many of them. Click on the link for the Manx On the Banx event (in my signature block) and have a look at the buggies that attend our east coast event. They are all club members.

If you haven't found it already, go to this link and join the club. It will open a world of buggy fun to you and a brother/sister-hood of great people. http://manxclub.com/MembershipApplication.htm

Hope to see your name on the membership rolls soon.

Bud
Bud Zeller
Wilmington, NC
Manx Club Member Since 2004 - #2475
Member of the Manx Club's Long Haul League - 2015
2018 NORRA Mexican 1000 - #1356 - Bad News Racing
2022 NORRA Mexican 1000 - #3347 - Bad News Racing & ACME Companies
2023 NORRA Mexican 1000 - #1356 - Bad News Racing
'68 Meyers Manx - M1996F826S
'66 VW Kombi Bus
'73 VW Thing
manxvair

Post by manxvair »

Ken wrote:Lurker here, and decided to introduce myself, I'm Ken and I live in Washington state. I was in So.Cal. Last week for a few job interviews, and stopped at the Bob's Big Boy for cruise night in Burbank.
Met a few Buggy owners and had a nice chat with them. I've always just been a lurker here because I love Buggy's, but don't have a real MANX, so didn't post anything. I forgot their names and am sorry for that, but here is their line up, and if they see this, they'll remember me, as I showed them some of my build in pictures on my phone.
Thanks, Ken

First off Welcome to the jungle! Like Bud stated all buggy enthusiasts are welcome as long as they remain civil and friendly, feel free to ask for advice or share your experience's. The Blue Manxter in the picture belongs to Kevin Knight, he lives in the area there around Burbank. I can't speak for the other buggies in the picture.
Mike Dario
Mohave Valley, AZ
Manx Club #957
Manx Club President

Tow'd (Hers)
Manxvair (His)
Manxter Dual Sport #30 Baja Edition #2 (Ours)
Resorter #19-Fuscia(under construction)
Ken

Post by Ken »

Thanks. I have a lot to look at and learn. Here are a few pics my mom dug up. It's the buggy my dad built in '71 when I was 4. Have no idea what kind it is, but I did remember it, and told my mom to look as she didn't even remember they had one back then. Ironically the one I'm restoring was built/titled in 1971 also.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Here's me in the passenger seat at 4 years old in 1971, and me in the drivers seat at 47 years old in 2015.
FulsGld

Post by FulsGld »

Hey Ken;

Where are you located in WA???
Gary Berry
Prosser, WA
1971 Turista
1969 ManxVair
Member #1112
Ken

Post by Ken »

I'm in Spokane.
FulsGld

Post by FulsGld »

Excellent...
Gary Berry
Prosser, WA
1971 Turista
1969 ManxVair
Member #1112
langan

Post by langan »

Wecome I live in Sequim and my son goes to school in Spokane. I work in Los Angeles and stay in Pasadena. I have had a few sold hotrods that ended up showing at Bob's hard to get neer the place. If I can help you just let me know.
Ken

Post by Ken »

JJLangan, I just may "look you up". I'm waiting to hear back on a position in the Irwindale area. I'll come down on my own, and live in our RV for a year or so to work and get settled in, and then the wife and daughter will join me.
langan

Post by langan »

Get there soon the raceway is closing. What are you going to be doing in Irwindale?
Ken

Post by Ken »

Is it really? That sucks.i applied for an R&D position, for a Header manufacture. I'm one of lots of applicants, so I'm hopeful, but not counting on it.
langan

Post by langan »

Maybe you should e mail me