Ideas?

When it's just not buggy related.
DuneBugFever

Ideas?

Post by DuneBugFever »

Wife wants to paint the one below black and paint a large pink bow/ribbon across the front (As in the Breast Cancer Awareness symbol)...and I understand her position since her mother fought years of breast cancer just prior to passing from a tragic auto accident...but....it..... ....scares the H-E-double hockey sticks out of me! I tried to explain that Dune Buggies are for "Fun", "Excitement", "Care Free" times....not to promote somber times such as sickly mammory glands.....but alas, whats a fella to do? I DID buy it for her and my daughter as a Christmas present.... Image Image Image Any ideas on how to TALK her out of this?
manxdavid

Post by manxdavid »

If you're like me and like the quiet life, good food and occasional sex go with the ribbon.... You're paint finish looks good though, couldn't you just get a pink ribbon sticker made up, it would look just as good against a pale blue hood.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something." (Plato)
mel hubbard

Post by mel hubbard »

Mel, I think the girls win the vote here, after all you DID buy it for them and it is for a very good cause.... Hey, it is an awareness symbol and I cant think of a much better way to make folk aware than painting it on the Manx..
mel hubbard

Post by mel hubbard »

[QUOTE="Manxdavid;16013"]If you're like me and like the quiet life, good food and occasional sex go with the ribbon.... .[/QUOTE] Dave,, I've got a quiet life and the food is not too bad,, but do you think that a ribbon painted on my wife's car will help out on the other issue!!!
tim morgan

Post by tim morgan »

It comes down to only having 2 choices in marriage,, 1 ,You can be right, 2, You can be happy,, Go for the HAPPY,, Hell,You have your own buggy to drive..Just put a faster motor in yours,
tim morgan

Post by tim morgan »

[QUOTE="mel hubbard;16016"]Dave,, I've got a quiet life and the food is not too bad,, but do you think that a ribbon painted on my wife's car will help out on the other issue!!![/QUOTE] Is the cost of painting a ribbon on the car worth 2 minuets of happiness ,,O did I say that,, LOL
manxter26

Post by manxter26 »

Have you considered the wraps that they are using now? We have one on one of our mechanics trucks and our local Police dept. uses it for their D.A.R.E. car. It might be a somewhat less permanent solution to your needs. Good luck.
BuggyBob

Post by BuggyBob »

I say put that ribbon on the buggy.
DuneBugFever

But...

Post by DuneBugFever »

...but...but....but... (Jeez, that sounds just like my side of a conversation with my wife!!)
Scott-Drolet

Post by Scott-Drolet »

How about painting the ribbon on the car at it sits in it's current color? Only instead of painting it on the hood, paint it on the already black sides between the tires. It'll be more visable, and not have to be too big.
Scott Drolet
MC Vice President

MC 47, DSB, RBC, Long Haul League, '64 Monocoque, '67 Manx, '73 Manxter, '64 Stainless Burro, '64 Corvair Burro, '65 Corvair Burro
http://www.ManxClub.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.SeaToSeaSafari.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.BurroBuggies.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
DuneBugFever

I would....

Post by DuneBugFever »

......prefer to paint it on a piece of cardboard, Scott, and let her bungee cord it to the roll bar!!!....Anything besides messing up the Bahama Blue paint on it currently. Or the stance of the buggy, the nostalgia look....well you guys get the idea. The current paint on the buggy is about a 20 footer....it is an older paint job that still has a nice shine to it, but is showing some minor cracking and bubbling in places, so she knows I will eventually repaint it. The thing is...she is a car nut too!...well she WAS until she turned 40....now she has this rational, adult, mature thinking thing going on and I just cant get a grasp on that being an immature, spare of the moment, free spirit, mid life crises kinda male!! ; ) She has these Breast Cancer stickers on the sides of her Denali..(against my judgement), she has a breast cancer key ring, license plate bracket, coasters in the cup holders, a throw blanket over the back seat....she even tried to get me to paint this giant ribbon thing down the sides of the Denali!!!! I had to make up one of those "little white husband lies" and tell her they don't make that color paint!!!......yeah yeah...I got caught in that one too! Do you know how embarassing it is for a husband to drive a giant white GMC Denali with pink ribbon stickers on it towing our boat to the ocean???
manxvair

Post by manxvair »

I agree with Scott, how about on the side panels, that would look good and might be more visible goiing down the road for others to see.
Mike Dario
Mohave Valley, AZ
Manx Club #957
Manx Club President

Tow'd (Hers)
Manxvair (His)
Manxter Dual Sport #30 Baja Edition #2 (Ours)
Resorter #19-Fuscia(under construction)
Jay_Hart

Post by Jay_Hart »

Instead of asking how to talk your wife out of something she's obviously passionate about, you may want to ask how we can help you deal with your fears. You could always discuss designs/color schemes together and in doing so, you may be able to SWAY her in a direction that will make you all happy, but asking her to forget about something in order to make you happy........ Besides, you already answered your own question: I DID buy it for her and my daughter as a Christmas present.... Personaly, I would suggest a gleaming white buggy with offset mean streaks (one FAT with a skinny one right beside it) that turns into a bow at the back end. Now that would look GOOD if you ask me. From the front, it's a chick's rod. From the back, it makes the statement of awareness. On the bright side, she's not asking for a completely pink buggy! :) Good luck, Jay
MojaveMel

Old saying...

Post by MojaveMel »

There is an old saying..... "When you have a happy wife...... YOU HAVE A HAPPY WIFE!"
Gene-C

Post by Gene-C »

YesI agree "a happy wife is a happy wife" One of the best things I ever did was buy my wife her own buggy. She decorated all up with her flowers etc and made her statement So it is for her to talk about. My job is to make sure its full of gas and oil and not to break down on her I sure like the idea of a wrap. On the cover of sand sports this month you'll see one in camo.The wrap may come out really sharp and make that bow shine in real detail Remember its just another easter egg