mini buggy bodys

When it's just not buggy related.
tat99

mini buggy bodys

Post by tat99 »

found another buggy body in yard sale. i will be going to put one on the classifieds soon . i am in pennsylvania , do not want to ship . hope someone would be able to pick it up. pics attached if i did it wright.
tat99

3 more pics of bodys

Post by tat99 »

adults can fit in these bodys . made by spatz in 1969. looks like manx except for in dent lines in hood
mel hubbard

Post by mel hubbard »

Nice looking things, thats such a temptation :D Shame you wont ship :cry:
manxdavid

Post by manxdavid »

[QUOTE="mel hubbard"]Nice looking things, thats such a temptation :D Shame you wont ship :cry:[/QUOTE] Yours were much nicer Mel...much more Manx-like... My mate Angelo just bought a slightly faded 'flake red one off Rob to build for his kid.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something." (Plato)
mel hubbard

Post by mel hubbard »

Dave, I prefer those Spatz ones myself, that little thing I made would not hold us BIG KIDS :D That little Spatz looks real cute from the front,, seems to lose it a bit on the rear end IMO, but Im guessing that big flat part was made like that to house a motor. Looks like a one piece mold too, unlike mine. Not sure about the copywrite bit, seems crazy to me as the inspiration obviously came from a full size model that as far as Im aware had no copywrite back in 69 :crazy: I could be wrong there, but ship it over & I'll take my chances :driving: :D
tat99

mini buggy went fast

Post by tat99 »

my email got flooded with responces 2nd person bought. both cars are spoken for. thanks to all that replyed.
mel hubbard

Post by mel hubbard »

[QUOTE="tat99"]my email got flooded with responces 2nd person bought. both cars are spoken for. thanks to all that replyed.[/QUOTE] Ho Well,,, looks like a Big block of foam and some carving now :cry:
mel hubbard

Post by mel hubbard »

A guy told me today that copies of these Spatz mini buggies are about to be molded in USA. Anyone know about this?
73SpeedBuggy

Post by 73SpeedBuggy »

[QUOTE="mel hubbard"]A guy told me today that copies of these Spatz mini buggies are about to be molded in USA. Anyone know about this?[/QUOTE] That would be awesome. I'd LOVE to build a go-cart for my daughter that looks like my buggy!
towd-dude

What's in the garage....?

Post by towd-dude »

Nice looking little buggy bodys. One could have some fun with those.... but what is that lurking in the garage???? 35 Ford perhaps or some other nice street rod.... Bob
Vealmonkey

Post by Vealmonkey »

There were bodies like that in white gelcoat with a basic frame for sale at bugout for $220.