Winter Stinks!

When it's just not buggy related.
Don Giovanoni

Winter Stinks!

Post by Don Giovanoni »

Is everyone in the Midwest and East as sick of winter as I am? We have had waves of ice and snow this week. My garage is coated with nasty salt and black water from the street cars. Yuk! Arizona and California residents - I am jealous! I want to take the Manx off of the Battery Tender and put some serious miles on her... Oh well. Just ranting. Gotta keep thinking "Spring is coming, Spring is coming, Spring is coming..."
Gigantalope

It's Arctic here too, man

Post by Gigantalope »

Yeah well...it hardly got into the 70s yesterday, and might rain today...It was so windy this february a bunch of grapefruit fell off the tree before I picked it. It's hell all over.
Gene-C

Winter Sucks

Post by Gene-C »

What's the matter Don? Just think of the fun of planning the summer trips. You know, Effingham, Big Bear Lake in CA., the Rt 66 Rod-Run in Arizona, camping with the buggy, Silver Lake, MI Invasion, the Southside Buggista Rt, 66 run, Back to the 50's in St. Paul, MN., maybe even a 10 day camping trip down the roads that run along the Mississippi River, with a side run through the Ozarks, etc. Also it is a great time to get the buggy in tip-top shape for these trips. ALso it is never to early to make the necessary reservations for the trips. So just think in a few weeks the mud season will be upon us. Then we will start to think ablut all of the yard stuff, now that sucks, I am finishing up getting the Manxter ready for the Buggy Builders Show in Michigan next month. There is a lot to do to get ready for this summer.
Gene-C

Post by Gene-C »

Don, I could not agree with you more. I did not get my buggy build finished until April of last year, so this is the first time that I have had to wait for warmer temps in order to enjoy my ride. I have been able to take it out on just a few occasions so far to shake it down, but those were exceptions to the rule. Planning for events for warmer weather may help eliminate the boredom, but actually DOING is why we have these things in the first place, even if it is just to take it out for a quick spin around the city. That's where the ultimate pleasure and satisfaction is, agreed?
Old-Towd

Post by Old-Towd »

Hey Don it?s been as cold here as you guys ( 56 degree?s above ) but where hoping for the 75 this coming week, I hope so need to get some fiberglass work done , summer is coming. Hang in there Buggy Buddys .
Jay - We Sacrifice Quality So You Can Save
1969 Sand Rover T pickup
1962 Baja / 1986 CT110 Honda Trailbike
1973 Thing / Yorba Linda,Ca.
MC 2693, RBC, DSB, SoCalBajas, hondatrailcts, BurroBuggies
racetearoffs

Post by racetearoffs »

CT 110 nice
Gigantalope

And it only rains in winter here.

Post by Gigantalope »

The Cold is clouds are a drag, and while it only rains here (Northern California) a little bit...the thing that gets me is that it's dark when I get home. I am so looking forward to having 2 or 3 hours of wrenching time after I drag my butt home. I think being able to work on projects is thereputic and when that time is gone I really notice. Yes, I could set up a little shop in the garage, and work in winter, but when I find stacks of laundry and boxes of recycling on my car it makes me really mad.
subimanx

Post by subimanx »

We don't have a "winter" here....every day is a buggy day unless there's a cyclone..I don't even own a jumper!!
90volts

Post by 90volts »

whats winter have to do with it? 20 degrees, snow , sleet, freezing rain...thats what they make gore tex for! Image Image Image
balbright

Post by balbright »

Hey, Don. I'm right there with ya, man. I'm in Joplin, Missouri. Yesterday was 65 and sunny. It was 48 by 8 pm and today we have sleet and snow. Tomorrow is supposed to be back in the 50's. Mark Twain wrote "If you don't like the weather in Missouri, wait a couple of minutes, it will change."
Don Giovanoni

Had a Quick Break in Weather

Post by Don Giovanoni »

It was 78 degrees in St. Louis yesterday! Took the Siggy out for a long ride. Ran great, I swear it seems to love getting out. Just purred the whole trip. That was yesterday. Today it is 28 degrees, sleeting, and a weather forcast for tomorrow for 4-8" of snow. Nuts! Oh well, must be thankful for yesterday, it was a much needed bright spot.
Gary1719

Effingham

Post by Gary1719 »

Don, Gary here i met you a while back in Stlouis with some other buggy folks . I take it your going to Effingham hopefully i will run into you. I hope to meet bruce and winnie and see a lot more Buggies. Gary.
Don Giovanoni

Planning on it

Post by Don Giovanoni »

Hi Gary. I am planning on being there! Hopefully we will meet lots of new buggy friends there.