Warning Fake Manx Tags On Ebay

When it's just not buggy related.
mel hubbard

Warning Fake Manx Tags On Ebay

Post by mel hubbard »

In UK item 190192600760,, just seen a post in UK about them. It aint just Meyers tags either,, Caterham & Farrari tags too :(
manxdavid

Post by manxdavid »

[QUOTE="mel hubbard"]In UK item 190192600760,, just seen a post in UK about them. It aint just Meyers tags either,, Caterham & Farrari tags too :([/QUOTE] I saw them too Mel but wasn't sure what to do. Not sure whether to worry Winnie about them or not. She may or may not want to send out one of her 'cease and dissist' attournies letters out... I might just bid $1,000,000 on one to piss him off!!! I suppose I could always try to sell my Manx for more $$$ by putting a Ferrari tag on it!!! http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... :IT&ih=009 Image The bugger's doing earlier style ones now too!!!! http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VW-BASED-B-F-MEYE ... dZViewItem Image ...note the old address...
"Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something." (Plato)
mel hubbard

Post by mel hubbard »

Dave, not that I wanted to worry Bruce & Winnie with it,,, more to warn anyone gullible enough to think these fakes are originals. Seems the guy is trying to pass these off as such,,, the Farrari one reads > quote ''Farrari assembly no tag, I really don't know much about this plate, was given it to sell but Im unsure of which model it suites'' Yeh Right,, a kind of every day occurrence that a guy gets so pissed off with his (as new) 246 Dino tag and decides to pass it off onto this muppet without telling him the model,,,,, I wonder how many other guys keep taking new looking tags from classic cars and passing them off to him?? :crazy: Does this fella think we all came down with yesterdays rain?? it sure sounds to me like he did. The ''BIG BID'' sounds a good plan, I shall keep an eye on it :D
LIGreenManx

Post by LIGreenManx »

My Manx doesn't have a tag It would be nice to get one but i spoke to Winnie and there is no way to find # and they no longer make them. It really stinks that someone has to do this to profit from someone else. JMO Maybe report the add to ebay?? Ron
90volts

Post by 90volts »

i wonder if he makes a cobra tag. i'd like to have a cobra. that'd be cool! :rock:
CairoManx

Post by CairoManx »

Ebay and the seller were contacted and both the auctions have been ended.
manxdavid

Post by manxdavid »

[QUOTE="CairoManx"]Ebay and the seller were contacted and both the auctions have been ended.[/QUOTE] Well done!!!
"Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something." (Plato)
mel hubbard

Post by mel hubbard »

[QUOTE="Manxdavid"]Well done!!![/QUOTE] Yeh,,,, he may be selling fake Farrari & Ford Mustang tags etc etc,,,, BUT DON"T MESS WITH THE FIRM :evil: :evil: Dave, I bet the guy never figured a couple of old grey haired Limey Baja mercenaries would track him down :D :drinking: Seriously though,, I wonder who's tags they was copied from.
manxdavid

Post by manxdavid »

I don't think they were copied Mel, just a cut 'n paste job I think. They certainly didn't copy off mine, mine's spelled wrong, no 'e' in Valley:D Image Despite his username, 'sennencovewavewatcher' (Sennen Cove's in Cornwall), he's from Hertfordshire...not one of Julian's sidelines is it??? :eek:
mel hubbard

Post by mel hubbard »

[QUOTE="Manxdavid"] They certainly didn't copy off mine, mine's spelled wrong, no 'e' in Valley:[/QUOTE] Dave, over the years guys have often said to me ''The Spelling Is Wrong On My Tag'' and I've replied '' No Its Not,, Thats The Way They Spell It In USA'' I always thought they were referring to Center,,, as we spell it Centre :o Crazy thing is Winnie used to mail the tags to me, and I mailed them off to UK customers. Now you would have thought I'd have noticed :crazy: Thanks for letting me know after 9 years :D I thought they were from Cornwall too,, nice place is Sennen Cove. Cant really see any of my old ''authentic UK Meyers Manx'' customer/owners (Jullian being one) getting mixed up in that,, not too many were made here, Rip-Off tags could even de-value the real ones if too many gullible guys buy them. Fakes wont be on the registry, so I just cant see the point,,, they may just as well fit the Farrari tags :crazy:
manxdavid

Post by manxdavid »

[QUOTE="mel hubbard"] I thought they were from Cornwall too,, nice place is Sennen Cove.[/QUOTE] Happy memories of the old 'Surf and Cruise' meets at Skewjack... :rock: