Buggy Covers

When it's just not buggy related.
Gigantalope

Buggy Covers

Post by Gigantalope »

With Winter aproaching (and people asking what I want for Christmas) does anyone have any tips or impressions about car covers for Buggies? Sadly I don't have garage space, and think it might be a good idea to keep nesting birds and leafs out of my speedy and aluring Tourista. Anybody have experiance good or bad with various brands of car covers? What works, what sucks... Thoughts? Regrets??
allen pierce

Post by allen pierce »

Make email contact with Rick Leddon at pleddon@earthlink.net . A couple of years ago he sold some that were custom made to fit a buggy, (might have been a short wheel base one). I have one, but I'm keeping it, haven't used it yet.
manxfwin

covers

Post by manxfwin »

Purchased one from Tijuana Kustoms (he makes the molded carpet for dune buggies)for 185 plus a storage bag.It was one of the top of the line models,well made cover.I like the fit,fits a Manx body with wide tires on the rear.Get the best material that will breathe to avoid moisture build up inside the cover.He listed the covers,materials and prices on the Samba and included a picture.
90volts

Post by 90volts »

pep boys. 20 bucks. not the bottom of the line, but not the top either-they sell more expensive ones. this one was for a super beetle so it's a little more roomy. grommets. water resistant. i've used it in heavy rain with little wetness. it has elastic at the bottom and holds around the tires and all very nicely, but has grommets for heavy winds, but i've never needed them.
Rick Leddon

Custom Dune Buggy Cover

Post by Rick Leddon »

Hi I do have several of the Covercraft custom fitted buggy covers left. They have a webpage if you want to check them out. I have about 40 Manxs and I keep them covered. The covers have to be ordered 20 at a time, so I always seem to have some for sell. They are top of the line, retail for $209, but our price is $140, no sales tax, and about $14.00 shipping. They are made out of Nova. I'm trying to figure out how to attach photos. I'll post them later if I can. In the meantime email me and I'll sent the photos to you. Thanks Rick Leddon pleddon@earthlink.net
Gigantalope

Keeping the tourita warm.

Post by Gigantalope »

Cool Rick (and everybody) thanks...You can just post a link as it seems easier. I'm sure I'm not the only bloke here looking to keep the buggy warm this winter.
allen pierce

Post by allen pierce »

Here's the link to Covercraft At least I think that's it. It was the one listed in Google. I didn't spend any time looking around their web site.
Mr Towd

Post by Mr Towd »

ImageImage This is ours. They are the best fit you can get for a standard buggy setup. I made the pattern myself and I do not mean from some measurement sheet. The Noah is $179.00 plus shipping
newmanx59

Post by newmanx59 »

Here are a couple pictures of the covers that Rick Leddon sells. Image Image
90volts

Post by 90volts »

another reaon i like the 29 buck pep boys- it goes down around the tires. i notice none of those expensive ones do. what is the reasoning for that? i like to have the full coverage, to the ground. keeps prying eyes from getting too curious among other things.
Mr Towd

Post by Mr Towd »

actually, The photo I posted is of the original. We dropped the front 8". Now it covers the wheels.
newmanx59

Post by newmanx59 »

Actually, the covers from Rick, do cover the tires. I see no reason in covering the tires at the ground, it just gets the cover dirty.