Rear Bumper

When it's just not buggy related.
Rick Iverson

Rear Bumper

Post by Rick Iverson »

Fellas; I saw this on another thread. Are these custom (read: home made) or vended? Are they welded or bolted? VERY nicely done. What I term "quietly elegant". Image Image Iverson [font=Times New Roman] [font=Times New Roman]Post Scriptum ? My M2 project is on hold. Was notified Monday the I deploy to Iraq in Apr
jsturtlebuggy

Post by jsturtlebuggy »

I think I remember from another site that he had made that rear bumper cage. That style was very popular in the 80s on Baja Bugs. On the Baja's it use the frame horn bolts for lower mounts and top mounts to the bug's firewall There is a picture of one in Jeff Hibbard's book "Baja Bugs & Buggies" on page 88 showing it and another style at the top of the page. The Manxter's rear bumper cage is in the same style.
Joseph
Manx Club #1095
Having fun with Buggies since 1970
Worked in VWs in shops since 1970
Siggymanx33

Post by Siggymanx33 »

I believe it is Flaboyjim's bumper. He really did a great job on that. Rick, thanks for doing what you do.....stay safe over there, and let us know if you need anything.... I would be happy to help out.
flaboyjim

Post by flaboyjim »

No - it is not mine - - - it is yellermanx's self build. at last count, he had three manx bodies. He is quite the inventive sort and has a knack for building stuff at home. Ask him about his front bumper - - you will get a smile out of it. If you cant reach him here, you can get him at another site (samba).. Last I knew his email was yellermanx@yahoo.com