New Manx Club

When it's just not buggy related.
Gene-C

Post by Gene-C »

I'm sure glad I don't live near Denver Colorado. Or Philladelphia?
towd-dude

Post by towd-dude »

[font=Comic Sans MS]Club members? [font=Comic Sans MS]Things seem to have now calmed down on this post so I thought I?d put in my 2 cents. I hope the anxiety, frustration, anger and any other issues that are or could be harmful to this club have subsided to the point we can all pull together for the benefit of us all. Most of us (as least the older ones) have all been in a club of some sort. We have seen favoritism, cliques, down right dishonesty and other negative activities. We have also seen 5% of the club do 90% of the work and get criticized for their effort. This sort of thing demoralizes and eventually destroys a club. Let?s not let this happen here. [font=Comic Sans MS]A lot of issues have been raised that need to be addressed and I?m sure the temporary new management recognizes that it needs and wants the support of all of us. What say we give them our undivided support and when the dust settles take up any issues that we feel important. This club is and always has been for the benefit of us all. And we intend to keep it that way after all, it?s our club. [font=Comic Sans MS]?Towd Dude?
croakintowd

My 2 cents

Post by croakintowd »

Thanks Towdude, My sentiments exactly. You mentioned "5%". I refer to detractors as "the 10%'rs". Whatever is going on, it seems 10% of the group is going to be dissatisfied. That's OK. We can all deal with that. But, that's different than axe grinding. I will support this "New Club", and the current, temporary management. Why not? Many of us got our "start" right here. I'd be glad to come "home" again to exchange info with other buggy folks. I know Mojave Mel very well. He's a class act and an ethical man. No sweat from me letting him be a spokesman. My 2 cents
5150bossman

Post by 5150bossman »

Both of you, Well said. Thank You. :driving:
Gene-C

Post by Gene-C »

I am very happy to see people step up to the plate. You are right in your statements that you are not going to make eveyone happy which is always the case. I think the concerns that have been listed have been the same ones we have all had for years and were all seemly on the same page. I have faith in whomever the people are that are stepping up to get the job the done realize this. If they don't get this club up and going it could just sink, which we don't want to see happen. So these people do have a tough job ahead of them. 90 volts it may be time to give Winnie a call and have a good constructive conversation. I agree with you on regionalizing this and seeing your location on that map you may be up to bat soon if reginalizing hopefully becomes a reality. I for one want to see this club carry on since it is the birth place. It will take a lot of people to send in there stories and pictures, which for me is fun and yet a bit of work,but I feel I owe it to club for what they have shared with me I for one am not one for management of a passion like this and would rather just enjoy the rides and the stories ( back to basics). So I really applaud those that have stepped up, who ever they are But I will continue help support and do what I can by writing articles for all of us to share and the club to continue.I would hope others can do what they can as well. Gene C #729
BuggyBob

Post by BuggyBob »

thanks everybody for those good words. Bob