buggybums campout report

When it's just not buggy related.
90volts

buggybums campout report

Post by 90volts »

Image Beautiful weekend for a ride! Hospitality was top notch from coffee and breakfast in the morning to the last ?beverage of choice? at night. Everyone was great. Friendly and helpful just a great group to be around. One issue with a trail and my wife?s stocker but that should be cleared up now. Otherwise, rides were loads of fun. Some decent sized mud muddles, wide dusty trails, skinny brush covered trails, sand pits and pebble pits,a trip out to some cool, eerie ruins at dark. Cn?t wait to do it again! Some memorable parts of the rides? ed in goes to cross a water hole and sinks to the base of his carb! Dies on the other side but is able to be push started. My wife , sideways in a mud puddle trying to be towed out with mike?s buggy and a tow rope. (nope didn?t work. But some muscle eventually did). Me, getting some air over a sand hill we found to play on top of. The camp sites were awesome! Several water pumps right at our sites. All the sites butt up against each other to form a sort of community camp. The playground was right next to the camp so the kids could walk freely between the site and the playsets. Hot showers and toilets. Learned a couple lessons, such as, even if you are only planning on going out for an hour ride bring all your supplies because the worst may still happen! So the next one will only be better still. And of course, what good would this thread be without pics? So here?s a quick vid and some pics. Can?t wait till we go through and get a movie together. It was a blast. vid: http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v444/ ... nt=air.flv pics: http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v444/ ... 20weekend/
markmark

Post by markmark »

It looks like it was a fun weekend. Great pics:D
JThw8

Post by JThw8 »

I get a call from Chris Bethman (Park Ranger) saying there are a buncha buggies in the park and I need to get my Manx out there and join you. Right away I knew it had to be you guys. Unfortunately I didnt get his voicemail till tuesday since I was out of town. Looks like you all had a great time though :)
90volts

Post by 90volts »

cool... an 'in' with the rangers. now we can really raise some hell! :rock: probably go again, end of summer ,early in fall. don't schedule any more vacations until you check what the date will be. :D
JThw8

Post by JThw8 »

[QUOTE="90volts"]cool... an 'in' with the rangers. now we can really raise some hell! :rock: probably go again, end of summer ,early in fall. don't schedule any more vacations until you check what the date will be. :D[/QUOTE] Chris is cool and a car guy (and the head ranger) so he's a good 'in' to have. As long as you arent driving drunk or trying to hurt anyone I doubt he'd give you any trouble. Truth is even if I was home I'd have been stranded. My manx has been in hibernation still, been too busy prepping my craptacular bug for the BABE rally. (I might have brought the bug out to abuse it though) now that the rally is over Im hoping to get her back on the road this weekend. Still need to bolt the body back down after some winter work.