How Much is it worth?

When it's just not buggy related.
Dan Scott

How Much is it worth?

Post by Dan Scott »

I was given an original Manx (in parts and have now completed), verified by the club and was wondering what it may be worth. It has a 1915cc (about 800 miles on engine) with dual 40 IDF webbers, electronic ignition, hydralic lifter pkg, alternator, quiet pack exhaust and the body is in great shape, painted in mariner blue with bucket seats to match and sits on a 1962 short VW pan with 30/9.50/15 Radial Mud Terrains on back and 195/75/14's on the front. The pan needs new floor boards, some rust in them. runs like a clock. So I was curious as to what this may be worth on average. I'm not looking to sell but I do need to make sure I have enough insurance to replace if need be, provided I survive. ha ha ha. I would send photos with post, but can't get them to load. sorry.
CairoManx

Post by CairoManx »

The only way to repair rusty floorpans is to pull the body, cut out the old ones and weld in new. That means whoever bought it would be facing that major job. Does it have a Meyers Manx factory tag? Does it have an original Manx roll bar and/or bumper? Original hood emblem? New replacement dash or the old fragile plastic one? Is it licensed? Depending on the above and the quality of the construction and components (brakes, steering, tranny, suspension, wiring), I think you might get between $2.5K to $5K for it.
90volts

Post by 90volts »

also consider where in the country you are. certain areas command a higher price than others. it seems that they are never worth what you have into them.ever. even in perfect condition, you need to find someone who is interested in your particular setup/build. since they are all built differently, look different, etc, you really need to find someone with the same taste. i think a lot of people would rather a project so it can be built to their specs.
fubar

Post by fubar »

The insurance company will likely try to screw you out of as much as they can if you ever had to make a claim. Perhaps 2 to 3 times the amount of your reciepts for a vallue? You may have to fight for anything over what their adjuster considers FMV.
Dan Scott

Thanks for the input

Post by Dan Scott »

[QUOTE="CairoManx"]The only way to repair rusty floorpans is to pull the body, cut out the old ones and weld in new. That means whoever bought it would be facing that major job. Does it have a Meyers Manx factory tag? Does it have an original Manx roll bar and/or bumper? Original hood emblem? New replacement dash or the old fragile plastic one? Is it licensed? Depending on the above and the quality of the construction and components (brakes, steering, tranny, suspension, wiring), I think you might get between $2.5K to $5K for it.[/QUOTE] Floor pan is easy fix for me, no factory tag, no emblem but it has got the original roll bar and soft top in good shape. The original dash in great shape still and as far as running gear it is also in good shape. I have replaced all wiring with new harness from JC Whitney and put new bumpers front and rear. but your correct in that a fun project that you can take some pride in is nothing you can put a price on Thanks again for your input Dan Scott