Floor Pan Replacements

When it's just not buggy related.
gary dam

Floor Pan Replacements

Post by gary dam »

Well I got my donor stripped for our Manxter and of course the "brand new" floor replacements that the previous owner put on are the one piece real thin. Plus it looks like they weren't even welded in, maybe just some seam caulk along the tunnel and I guess the body held the outer edge from sagging. So my question is, this is a 74 with that big seat mount hump that has to be removed, and like I said they seem very thin. Can I replace the pans with any year or do I need to use the same year? Or if I keep these pans, how do I get that seat hump off the pan? Thanks Gary
gary dam

Post by gary dam »

I guess my question was too stupid. HELP! I stood on them last night and the almost went to the ground. So they are going to be replaced. So, can I replace the floors with a earlier floor pan? Thanks Gary and Annie Dam
newmanx59

Post by newmanx59 »

Yes, you can replace them with any year pans. You can also drill the spot welds out to remove the seat mounting from the pan. Wolfsburg West has the best quality pans as far as fit and thickness.
Olli

Post by Olli »

Gary, I don't see why you couldn't use earlier pans. The only thing that matters to you is the placement of the body to pan bolt holes and the overall shape. I really, really can't see there being any differences. I say go for it and lose that seat hump. Olli
Olli

Post by Olli »

Jerry beat me ! Olli