elvis' buggy

When it's just not buggy related.
90volts

elvis' buggy

Post by 90volts »

anyone remember this? i was going through some old photos tonight and came across this pic. i was stationed in millington,tn and took a trip to graceland. forgot all about this thing. this was back in 87 i would guess. Image
Tom-Kathleen

Post by Tom-Kathleen »

That buggy is still in the auto museum at Graceland. We saw it this summer when we were there on our way to the Texas Manx Club event. It is not a Manx. To see a newer picture, go here - http://www.manxgallery.org/gallery/album290/P5300075 Tom
Tom & Kathleen Iacoboni
# 1030
Vernon, CT
1968 Meyers Manx, 1971 Manxter S, 1972 KickOut SS (WIP)
CairoManx

Post by CairoManx »

Image The King. This was in the beginning of Live a Little, Love a Little. Great Meyers Manx driving scene but sucky movie.
CairoManx

Post by CairoManx »

I read on the IMDB site that Elvis did all the driving in the opening sequence of Live a Little, Love a Little. One thing I picked up on in the Starsky and Hutch video that was linked here recently was: I think David Soul was actually driving and even more, he was doing a great job. In one scene he powerslides it around what I recall was an off-camber corner. He probably looked like an amateur to experienced off-road racers, but there was nothing lame looking to the sequence to me. My point is that short wheel base buggies like the Manx are just about the perfect design for amateurs to drive like the pros. Its been a while since I tried(I had a full head of hair and was 80 lbs lighter) but I used to be able to slide the rear end of my Manx around a full 180 degrees on dry pavement. Image