Webers and Siggys

When it's just not buggy related.
Siggymanx33

Post by Siggymanx33 »

Joseph or Jerry I am unfamiliar with the CSP linkage. Based on the photos, do you think I will run into any (Linkage) fitment issues with the weber 44's on the short manifolds. I am mostly concerned with the oil filter mount.
newmanx59

Post by newmanx59 »

I don't think you will have any fitment issues, especially since the stock Kadron linkage has plenty of room.
Siggymanx33

Post by Siggymanx33 »

Thanks Jerry...any prefered vendor for the CSP linkage. The only site I could find is the UK site.(or maybe Germany) The carbs are on there way and I am just starting to work on the other parts.
jsturtlebuggy

Post by jsturtlebuggy »

USA website is classicandspeedparts.com Shows $89.00. From what I have heard from someone that bought one it was more than that.
Joseph
Manx Club #1095
Having fun with Buggies since 1970
Worked in VWs in shops since 1970
newmanx59

Post by newmanx59 »

classicandspeedparts.com is the place. A friend recently bought the linkage from them and it was 89.95 + shipping of course. They used to have sales on occasion where you might be able to save a couple bucks.
Siggymanx33

Post by Siggymanx33 »

Thanks guys!
shaky

Post by shaky »

Can I come and live in The States? I paid $106.00 without p+p here in UK land:eek:.
Siggymanx33

Post by Siggymanx33 »

OK I went with a set of used Italian 44's that I sent off to have completely rebuilt, rejeted and ready to go. I ordered the CSP linkage and that is ready to go. I'm calling CB to get the rest of the set-up today and I have some simple questions. I am going with the Type 3 manifolds. Jerry, did everything fit ok with the CSP linkage and the short manifolds. My carb guy mentioned that I may need to add some length to the threads do to the extra length. He also said it's no big deal..... The other thing..... I have a choice of running 1 3/4" CB aircleaners without my current velocity stacks Or I can order the 3 1/4" air cleaners and use the stacks. Anyone know if I am so pinched for space that I need to run the shorter air cleaner or should I be ok with the 3 1/4? I know I can always return them but just looking to get it right off the bat. Thank you,
Olli

Post by Olli »

I got sucked in by the shameless plug and ordered the book.... I actually find this issue of dual carb fitment interesting, I had no idea. Olli
Tom-Kathleen

Post by Tom-Kathleen »

I just stuffed a set of 48IDA's with tall manifolds into my FiberFab. I can't run K & N style oval filters, only the ones that snap over the velocity stacks. I also had to cut a hole in the "firewall" for one of the velocity stacks to have clearance. It gives it that race car look. And when you step on them, it gives it that race car sound & feel, so it is worth it. Tom
Tom & Kathleen Iacoboni
# 1030
Vernon, CT
1968 Meyers Manx, 1971 Manxter S, 1972 KickOut SS (WIP)
markmark

Post by markmark »

Got any pics of them? It sounds pretty cool:cool:
newmanx59

Post by newmanx59 »

[QUOTE="SiggyManx#33"]OK I went with a set of used Italian 44's that I sent off to have completely rebuilt, rejeted and ready to go. I ordered the CSP linkage and that is ready to go. I'm calling CB to get the rest of the set-up today and I have some simple questions. I am going with the Type 3 manifolds. Jerry, did everything fit ok with the CSP linkage and the short manifolds. My carb guy mentioned that I may need to add some length to the threads do to the extra length. He also said it's no big deal..... The other thing..... I have a choice of running 1 3/4" CB aircleaners without my current velocity stacks Or I can order the 3 1/4" air cleaners and use the stacks. Anyone know if I am so pinched for space that I need to run the shorter air cleaner or should I be ok with the 3 1/4? I know I can always return them but just looking to get it right off the bat. Thank you,[/QUOTE] The CSP linkage worked great right out of the box with the short manifolds. Make sure you put a little anti sieze on the linkage threads so they don't gall and cause many more hours of aggravation.
Tom-Kathleen

Post by Tom-Kathleen »

2275 CC Motor with 48 IDA's can be seen here: http://www.manxgallery.org/gallery/Toms ... b/P7160193 Look above the drivers side carb and you can see the "clearance hole". I can't run even these air cleaners if I want it to really go. I have another set of velocity stacks with just mushroom shaped wire mesh. If I want to run K & N oval filters, the cover that is normally over the engine area would have to have some large holes in it. Please ignore the wiring "mess" shown in some of the pictures, that is being fixed now. Tom
Tom & Kathleen Iacoboni
# 1030
Vernon, CT
1968 Meyers Manx, 1971 Manxter S, 1972 KickOut SS (WIP)
newmanx59

Post by newmanx59 »

When we were building a friend's buggy there were problems with the Weber air cleaners hitting the taillight mounting hardware under the the body. We simply cut the flanges off the manifold and welded them on offset from their original location to actually move the carb forward. You can see the weld in the picture and you can also see it has since been turboed and fuel injected. Image
markmark

Post by markmark »

Wow! I like that:rock: