Indiana buggy progress

When it's just not buggy related.
manxfwin

Indiana buggy progress

Post by manxfwin »

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c282/ ... 001_4A.jpg I think I figured out how to post pictures,here's a pic of the progress.Next thing is the wiring with the help of Jerry and all the other posts on the forum. :rock:
fubar

Post by fubar »

Nicely done!!!
bountyhunterdm

Post by bountyhunterdm »

Ya gonna add lights, ladders and sirens? Be a u ti ful :rock:
Tominator

Post by Tominator »

CLEAN - VERY NICE - Hope to see more fotos soon. :drinking:
Reverb

Post by Reverb »

Wow...that is really RED ! Nice buggy ! Image
manxfwin

Indiana buggy progress

Post by manxfwin »

Thanks guys,more photos in the gallery.Seems like alot left to be done but everyone on this forum has probably said that several times !! :D
Siggymanx33

Post by Siggymanx33 »

Sweet..... Is that metalflake?
Ehamiltn

Post by Ehamiltn »

Dave - It Looks Great! Who in Ft Wayne did the paint job? What paint brand & color was used? How much $$ did the paint job set you back?
Ehamiltn

Post by Ehamiltn »

Dave - It Looks Great! Who in Ft Wayne did the paint job? What paint brand & color was used? How much $$ did the paint job set you back?
manxfwin

Indiana buggy progress

Post by manxfwin »

The color is GM Torch Red,the same color that is used on the Corvette.I spent last summer working on the body at my son-in-law's brother's shop in New Haven In.In return for time spent at his shop helping out on his cars he painted the body.Without this "equity labor " I could have had easily a thousand wrapped up in it plus the paint,primer etc.,etc.This was one of the few times that something didn't cost 10 times more than I figured.Even with his help (he had worked on fiberglass before) there are some spots on the body that need re-done but that will happen after I get it on the road,maybe a winter project :x
manx1111pla

Post by manx1111pla »

That buggy of yours is coming out beautiful, can't wait to see it done
90volts

Post by 90volts »

nice job Dave. did you do the tins in matching paint also? looks good. nice to see the midewest represented.
Gary1719

Tail Lights

Post by Gary1719 »

What Year Are The Tail Lights And Did You Have The Base Of The Lights Chromed? Man That Red Is Bright! Idon't Think I Have Seen It That Bright Before. The Red That Is.
manxfwin

Indiana buggy progress

Post by manxfwin »

Sprayed the shroud with a "rattle can" to come close to the body color but still provide a little contrast,probably should have gone the powdercoat route.The lights are '62-67,the bases were chromned.If you use this style stick with the original reflectors,the aftermarket ones are pretty cheesy.