my buggy update

When it's just not buggy related.
90volts

Post by 90volts »

99% complete. test fir for the final bolt up. went and got the new, shinier bolts i needed and all. but this is how it will look. Image Image
fubar

Post by fubar »

Looks sharp! Did you figure out why it was not starting?
90volts

Post by 90volts »

pretty easy actually. valves too tight. the front 2 cylinders weren't working it seemed. set the valves and cleaned the plugs and good.odd though. wasn't expecting a change after only 700 miles? rebuilt engine, 300 miles valves were checked and reset (shop that rebuilt) , then 700 miles too tight again? was ecpecting a 3000 mile check.
fubar

Post by fubar »

Cool, I love inexpensive repairs. I took my nephew for a ride yesterday and we caught air on a railroad crossing, it imediately lost a cylinder. It knocked a plug wire off when we landed. When is the test run scheduled?
90volts

Post by 90volts »

did a short one over to a friends house. thats when i got stuck with the throttle. ran good. got the hood down, beading on,windshield on with 2 bolts. need to get two more- the right size this time heheh. then bolt the seats in. i am hoping tomorrow. still have some stuff planned but not necessary right now. hurst shifter,shift components along with that, stereo,8trach and cb.
Siggymanx33

Post by Siggymanx33 »

alright......let the games begin. You're not sleeping till it's done are you?
90volts

Post by 90volts »

funny you should mention that ... LOL... actually i finished it up this morning. got the bolts i needed, even got some crip ons i needed from a local shop. saw they were working on a sat and walked in and asked if they had any. lo and behold they did, gave them to me and said 'don't worry about it' when i asked what they wanted. still some nice guys around. put it together, loaded the kids up and off we went. i want to test the tach against my meter and see how accurate it is. if its good, which i suspect it is, then i have been shifting around 3k , which i wasn't sure of before. i wanted to find out if i was going too high. now its just odds and ends- finishing touches really. buttons for the top, repaint the headlight mount, reconnect where i had to cut the ground wire to the headlight in order to get it out,hurst shifter install,gr2 s,8track ,amp and speakers. but at leat now i can drive it when i want and work on it in the downtime. just wanted to thank everyone for their help and suggestions. as many of you know , the first time- when i just got it, i had evrything done on it at a shop, this time around , i still had some major stuff done, but a lot i did myself learning as i went. :help: it was a lot of fun and i couldn't have done it just reading a book, your help is appreciated.thanks. :hello:
90volts

Post by 90volts »

the culmination of the rebuild. nothing but fun,fun,fun... http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v444/ ... gyride.flv
newmanx59

Post by newmanx59 »

You better take a look at your buggy.....I think there is a UFO following it. You look to have the same big goofy smile I had the first time I took my buggy for a ride. :D