This months HOT VW magazine!!

When it's just not buggy related.
Mvovr

This months HOT VW magazine!!

Post by Mvovr »

This months HOT VW magazine had buggies on the cover!!! "BEACH BUGGIES" It also has a tech section discussing wiring your buggy. www.hotvws.com
shaky

Post by shaky »

any chance of a PDF of the wiring article? not sure I can get a copy here :roll:
manxdavid

Post by manxdavid »

Nice piece in Ultra VW's Paul...
"Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something." (Plato)
MickeyUSA

Post by MickeyUSA »

stop teasing me, I'm having to wait till the book store gets it in.
5150bossman

Post by 5150bossman »

Seems that most of my usual places have stopped carrying it. Haven't seen a copy for two months now. Wonder if that means anything...
Jon

Dune Buggy & Hot VW

Post by Jon »

Finally they have the whole APRIL issue full of FDB's. It's been a couple of years that they devoted so many pages to our cause.. Congratulations to Tom and Kathleen, making it to the big time..Great article on their pair of "Bruce's creations".
Mvovr

Post by Mvovr »

Leter tonight I will scan the pages and post them up. If thats ok. BTW Toms' buggies look SSSSSOOOSWWWEEETTTTTT!!!
TMc2548

Post by TMc2548 »

I had the wife pick up the issue. I noticed Nat Gohl's buggy is in there too. Any coincidence that both buggies were BOTM at one time?
Tom-Kathleen

Post by Tom-Kathleen »

Mvovr & jyboyton - Thanks! Kathleen's Manxter is really Kathleen's Manxter. Her name is on the title, not mine. She paid the bills to build it and maintain it. I did most of the building, but, she picked the combination of parts & colors. It was the best "father & son" project I have been involved with. Thanks again, Tom
Tom & Kathleen Iacoboni
# 1030
Vernon, CT
1968 Meyers Manx, 1971 Manxter S, 1972 KickOut SS (WIP)
newmanx59

Post by newmanx59 »

[QUOTE="Mvovr"]This months HOT VW magazine had buggies on the cover!!! "BEACH BUGGIES" It also has a tech section discussing wiring your buggy.[/QUOTE] I'm not sure I like the idea of running the wiring along the tunnel inside the car then up the firewall to the dash. I like all my wiring hidden and my carpeting smooth (no wires under it). It seems to me there was a lack of planning as the So-Cal buggy was being built and they may have forgot to provide a way to run the wiring from the front of the buggy to the back. :2cents:
90volts

Post by 90volts »

exactly jerry. mine was done that way and it's bothered me. it was even painted over when the body was painted! and the ironic thing is- i do have a tube glassed in for that under the lip just for that purpose i would guess. (why else would there be a tube, hollow on both end starting by the firewall and ending behind the rear seat area) it will be utilized this time around though! Image
shaky

Post by shaky »

[QUOTE="Manxdavid"]Nice piece in Ultra VW's Paul...[/QUOTE] Thnaks David I have just sent a copy out to Bruce and Winnie for thier perusal. I will answer your earlier mail... honestly shaky