Hot VW - April 2006 Issue

When it's just not buggy related.
Complex One

Hot VW - April 2006 Issue

Post by Complex One »

Tom and Kathleen, GREAT Article on your two buggies. Pages #64 and #65 in the Hot VWs April 2006 edition. Nicely done...!!! Great Photo's of your two Buggies. Just have to be very proud of your accomplishments not to mention the 2005 Power Tour as well. I am a bit confused however? According to the article and the (Red) insert box on Page #64 it states that Kathleen's buggy is using a 74 Type-1 IRS rear suspension on Manxter #16 but am I correct that the picture just above this box is actually showing a Swing Axle assembly? Also noticed the negative camber of the tire so I was just wondering??? Either way it is still one of the finest Manxter's on the road. Great job and Congratulations to both of you. Job well done!!! :hello:
Tom-Kathleen

Post by Tom-Kathleen »

Thanks! We have not seen the article yet, so thanks for the warning. Yes, Kathleen's car is based on a 74 pan, I'll have to see the pictures to see what you are talking about. The pictures (if they are what I am thinking) were taken in June of 2004. We were wondering if they were ever going to use them. I will make futher comments after we see the magazine. Thanks for the heads-up and the compliments.. Tom
Tom & Kathleen Iacoboni
# 1030
Vernon, CT
1968 Meyers Manx, 1971 Manxter S, 1972 KickOut SS (WIP)
Tom-Kathleen

Post by Tom-Kathleen »

The magazine finally arrived. See the "Congrats Tom & Kathleen" thread for a response. There is another Meyers Manx in the Magazine from down-under. I don't know if you still visit the forum, but if you do, THAT'S ONE SWEET STREET BUGGY, Nat. You have some nice details in your buggy...like the carbon fiber and the Meyers Manx laser etching in the steering wheel. Congrats to you too!! Kathleen
Tom & Kathleen Iacoboni
# 1030
Vernon, CT
1968 Meyers Manx, 1971 Manxter S, 1972 KickOut SS (WIP)