Save the Texas Dune Buggy Rally October 25th

Keep informed of the latest political actions that affect our hobby.
manxvair

Save the Texas Dune Buggy Rally October 25th

Post by manxvair »

The Save the Texas Dune Buggy group will be holding a Rally in front of the Texas State Capital Building on October 25, 2018. Bruce & Winnie Meyers will be in attendance along with myself and Lori Ann to represent the Manx Club in this matter. Lori Ann & I will be driving our Manxter Dual Sport, unfortunately this rally didn't fall in line with our return drive from the East Coast but we will make the journey, following is our plans for the drive to Austin, TX.

Tuesday 10/23 depart 0500 Simi Valley, CA to Alpine, TX 1060 miles
(a Texas buggy owner will supply us with a meal, fuel and a room for the night)
Wednesday 10/24 Alpine, TX to Austin, TX 406 miles

We will be in Austin, TX for the rally and some additional activities and depart to return to Southern California on Sunday 10/28.
Mike Dario
Mohave Valley, AZ
Manx Club #957
Manx Club President

Tow'd (Hers)
Manxvair (His)
Manxter Dual Sport #30 Baja Edition #2 (Ours)
Resorter #19-Fuscia(under construction)
hillmotorsports

Re: Save the Texas Dune Buggy Rally October 25th

Post by hillmotorsports »

What could be more appropriate than the originator of the vw based fibreglass buggy... Bruce Meyer....and the President of the Manx Club... Mike Dario.... making their presence at this important gathering?

Thank you for representing those of us who can't be there in person. This is most certainly a just mission that will hopefully solve not only the Texas issue but prevent other states from such nonsensical legislation.

Paul
Rosemarie and Paul Hill
Morrisburg, Ontario
Canada
613 330 4862
Member #4502
Faron

Post by Faron »

Successful! That is how we all should look at the Save the Texas Dune Buggy Rally held on the South Lawn of the Texas State Capitol Building, October 25, 2018. The Rally to help build support for Save the Texas Dune Buggy, Sandrail, & Kitcar was successful indeed! We had people from all over the country that took time to show support! We are all grateful to each!
It was interesting to see so many people walk by to see what we were doing, & we know that our Rally got a lot of attention. We truly feel that the Rally reached far more people than what we know, important people. The fact that Empower Texans posted an article about our Rally is huge, as that article went out to people that will have an opportunity to vote on our Bill. Empower Texans is a Conservative Watchdog Group that is very close to Gov. Abbott & Lt. Gov. Patrick & many other very Conservative Legislators. The Rally was ANOTHER Huge step towards the Success of Save the Texas Dune Buggy, Sandrail, & Kitcar!
jhkinca

Post by jhkinca »

Nice job organizing the Rally and thanks for fighting the fight.
John & Sonya Kieslich
Faron

Post by Faron »

I need every member who lives in District 30 or the Wichita Falls area, to email me their contact information at faron@savethetexasdunebuggy.com ASAP. This is important and I will explain in a response email.

https://www.texastribune.org/directory/ ... senate/30/