LineX Rhino coat on a manx

Buggy Buddies to the Rescue! Breakdowns, repairs, construction, all things technical.
Mike-Presley

Post by Mike-Presley »

Has anyone used Rhino coat or LineX on the underside of a fiberglass buggy? Does it hold up to rocks trying to chip the underside? Does the black color fade?  How about the coating the top side?  I've seen some Jeeps that were done that didn't look bad. What are your thoughts?

Post by 1856 »

We did, its held up for near ten years now and Yes it does fade to gray. With a little prep, paint will stick to it.
Mark & Carol
Ed-Chenal

Post by Ed-Chenal »

People I know who have used bedliner paint are happy with it.  Just make sure you clean the surface well so it will stick.
Ed
dirtdad

Post by dirtdad »

I have used Herculiner do it yourself from Autozone on the sides of the buggy, as well as the inside floor pans, and it has held up great over the last 11 years, I have touched it up, not a big deal as you can roll or brush it on. I have also sprayed over it with clear, when it got dull over the years, and that has held up well. On the bottom of the pan I prefer just a spray on undercoat, as it is easy to respray as needed from scrapes, repairs , etc.