Tow'd help

Buggy Buddies to the Rescue! Breakdowns, repairs, construction, all things technical.
jonmgrahaha

Tow'd help

Post by jonmgrahaha »

My apologies up front if this is covered, I tried searching the forum. I am in Cle Elum, WA. Call it 80 miles east of Seattle & over a mountain pass. I have a Tow'd being worked on by a local(ish) guy and SHOULD have it back this spring. Bought from a neighbor, all I know is 1776 dual port, Freeway Flyer trans. I want to do some upgrades that my local guy could likely do but I'd like to do it in 2024. Does ANYBODY in the community have a contact for me? Primary upgrades I am looking at are disc brakes (everyone tells me drums are fine but I hate drum brakes with LOTS of experience) and suspension upgrades. I have cash for work but budget is not unlimited, just a fair price. I can deliver rig within say 500 miles? Would sure like to get this Tow'd on the road for my fun & people to see!
jsturtlebuggy

Re: Tow'd help

Post by jsturtlebuggy »

Hi, you may have better luck with getting a reply by going to Manx Club Facebook site or The Samba website. This site does not see much traffic.
Joseph
Manx Club #1095
Having fun with Buggies since 1970
Worked in VWs in shops since 1970