Bruce's original build instructions?

Buggy Buddies to the Rescue! Breakdowns, repairs, construction, all things technical.
andrewthieman

Bruce's original build instructions?

Post by andrewthieman »

Last fall, I did the NORRA 500, co-driving a buddy's Landcruiser in the Safari Class. What an hoot! While in Mexico, I was bitten by the Manx bug and I've been lurking on forums like this ever since. Wife says I can only have one toy, so my CJ5 is out and I've got a Manx in my sights. Question is: do I buy someone else's creation and call it my own? Do I buy *anything* with a shortened chassis, buy a remastered body and bolt it on? Or, do I build from the ground up. To better inform this decision, I'd like to get my hands on Bruce's original build plans (the one with illustrations and step-by-step instructions, from disassembly to shortening, etc.) Anybody have a clean copy? I've seen blurry photos and screen grabs here and there, but it would be nice to get a clean, scanned PDF. [Paul at Meyers Manx told me you guys would have it.] :?:
Michigan Manx

Re: Bruce's original build instructions?

Post by Michigan Manx »

I am also looking for the original assembly instructions for my 69 Manx - As suggested in s few forums I found the AMT Model instructions with “Original Manx Instructions “. On the back but they are a just marketing summary with very little information.

Any help will be very much appreciated!

George
Murphy's Law

Post by Murphy's Law »

If you haven't found them, I have a good scan of the originals (either .doc or .pdf, can't remember which) and they are email-able or if I can figure it out, I can upload them to you. Somehow. Anyway, I have them from when I started this project up again in 2020. I got them from the Manx website before the Big Corporation took over and overpriced everything and shares nothing.

They are yours for the asking.
Casey
Michigan Manx

Post by Michigan Manx »

Hi Casey - that would be excellent.

My email address is 2ggoddu@gmail.com

Thanks!

George
Murphy's Law

Post by Murphy's Law »

Sent them to your email last night. If you didn't get them check your spam. There are two .pdf files, kinda big, around 20mb together so if you didn't get them it might be why. If need be I can print them and send them to you over usps or have my queen bring them to Michigan when she goes if you're anywhere near Ludington.
Michigan Manx

Post by Michigan Manx »

They came through fine - Thanks!
Xcuzzi

Post by Xcuzzi »

I am waiting delivery of my remastered kit and would love a copy of those instructions.
Not sure what MM includes with the kit but would like this info for cross reference.

renchjames@gmail

huge thanks !
ControlArms

Post by ControlArms »

If anyone has the instructions and would be so kind to email them to me at GoFastColin@gmail.com I would greatly appreciate it.

Regards,
Colin