VW Pan Length Questions

Buggy Buddies to the Rescue! Breakdowns, repairs, construction, all things technical.
Danno

VW Pan Length Questions

Post by Danno »

I am looking to buy a pan or an inexpensive dune buggy but before I do, I have some questions on the pan length. I want to buy a new Meyers Manx body so I need a pan to put it on. Without details on what the new Manx company owners offer on their web page, I want a shortened Manx body. I have no need for a back seat for people. A two seater looks like fun. I think the original Manx's used a 14.5" shortened pan. Is that correct?

What does Manx offer in two seater bodies?

By the market I see, I'm willing to find a non-Manx buggy to salvage the pan and more to feed the new Manx project. I'm interested in any helpful comments. I'm in So Cal so I will be looking for time to get over to the Manx facility soon. This will be a street buggy for cruising the coast.

Thanks, in advance,
Danno
Pajero

Re: VW Pan Length Questions

Post by Pajero »

Currently, Meyers Manx is only offering the Manx Classic to Manx Club members until April 30th. After that they will be introducing a new 2-seater that is supposed to be better quality and easier to build.
Danno

Re: VW Pan Length Questions

Post by Danno »

Thank you Pajero. I recently joined the Manx Club so I qualify there. Any comments on pan lengths?