Paint and body repair

Buggy Buddies to the Rescue! Breakdowns, repairs, construction, all things technical.
ford356outlaw

Paint and body repair

Post by ford356outlaw »

Hi all, I have been in the manx club a few years now but finally joined the forum. I sold my original Manx a few years back and regretted it to this day. But i just bought a manx body that needs paint and body work. Does anyone know a paint shop in socal that i can take my manx to for paint and some minor fiberglass repair. I want to do it in metal flake. I live in the Los Angeles area, but am willing to take it anywhere within reason if the shop has had prior experience. Thank you.
Raffi
5150bossman

Re: Paint and body repair

Post by 5150bossman »

A few years back, I crashed our buggy, damaging the front end pretty good. I took it to Abstract Fiberglass in Reseda to get repaired. Not only did they do a fantastic job making the repair seamless with the rest of the body, the color matching to the existing paint was spot-on. (The profile pic of our buggy was taken about 3 hours before I crashed it... :( All better now though :clap: )

https://www.yelp.com/biz/abstract-fiberglass-reseda
ford356outlaw

Re: Paint and body repair

Post by ford356outlaw »

thank you @5150bossman the business name has changed to JNS Autobody. I am gonna try and swing by there soon to get a quote. Hopefully its not too much.