Gelcoat Wax that works

Buggy Buddies to the Rescue! Breakdowns, repairs, construction, all things technical.
lastmanx

Gelcoat Wax that works

Post by lastmanx »

It is more chemistry than wax. its called Insulater Wax no. 845, last step wax; by Collinite.53945395 I can highly recommend it for gelcoat. for years I tried all kinds of polish ,wax, on my gelcoat ,but they never lasted. they were designed for paint. I work for a body shop paint supplier Kemperle. They carry it for around $20. I have used it now for 2 years and it works great . it stays on the buggy for about 2-3 months. It is designed for fiberglass gelcoat, marine,and industial use. It will work on paint, but there are many easier products for paint. Your gelcoat needs to be in perfect shape. (after it is buffed and made pretty.) Once applied it will make every thing shine, showing any imperfections if there are any. If you remember Simonize in the yellow can, it applies the same way. it can be a bit of work, and time consuming. It will look like you put a clear coat on, but will last a long time. I just figured I would share this tip as I have searched 17 years to find a product that lasted past the first buggy wash. It's not a new product, been around a long time, just new to me.
principiab

Re: Gelcoat Wax that works

Post by principiab »

Thanks for the information on this product! Glad you've had good results with it!

Connie Breedlove