Weber IDF fitment on Signature Manx

Buggy Buddies to the Rescue! Breakdowns, repairs, construction, all things technical.
manx82

Weber IDF fitment on Signature Manx

Post by manx82 »

I currently run dual Kadrons on my 1776 motor and am considering switching to a single IDF. With CB Performance low profile manifold, will it fit? No way I am cutting the body but would be willing to do an air filter relocation if that makes it work. I have searched the internet for days and can't find an answer. Jim
lastmanx

Re: Weber IDF fitment on Signature Manx

Post by lastmanx »

I suggest getting the tape measure out and start configuring. I have a ss manx but it has a 3 inch bodylift, I can fit a stock beetle air filter with no clearance issue. with a stock carb the body ends in front of the carb. 4318432043194317. the stock oil bath is mesh removed; leaving the built in velocity stack. it is then hose connected to a k&n 2 stage under the passenger rear fender. yes I did trim my ss body to fit the double tube bumper. I know this doesn't address your question, but there is a lot of room there. maybe the pictures can help. sometimes you just have to come up with the solution yourself. I have not seen my set up on other buggies, besides my 2 previous buggies. good luck
eurekagary

Re: Weber IDF fitment on Signature Manx

Post by eurekagary »

I have Kadrons on our siggy and they barely fit. The engine original had Weber 44 and there was no way they would fit. Ours was an early siggy, and I heard they had a short tail area. Hope this helps
Gary