please help confirm this is a manx 1

Buggy Buddies to the Rescue! Breakdowns, repairs, construction, all things technical.
robin93784

please help confirm this is a manx 1

Post by robin93784 »

all of the research i have done makes me believe i have a real manx 1 that has been made a rat rod long before there were rat rods it has been stored for 20 to 30 years or more, it has the tubes glassed in under the fenders along with the card board showing in some of the tubes, it also has the rear braces, abs dash with a steel pipe at the bottom, the back platform where the battery box is has been cut and removed to fit a corvair engine and tranny so there is no id numbers, please look at the pics and tell me what year it might be or any other pics that might help, i am sorry but the only way i could get the pics in the post was a copy and paste link.

https://imgur.com/a/UmrOxc8
Chicago Joe

Re: please help confirm this is a manx 1

Post by Chicago Joe »

There is plenty of information on the internet that describe the process of verifying the authenticity of any Meyers Manx product. By using the "search" feature on this site you can obtain a lot of this information

I will try to sum up all of the information in one simple sentence. All official verifications are only done by Bruce or/and Winnie Meyers at Meyers Manx, Inc. Quit wasting everyone's time by beating the drum on this site. Get the requested photos, write the check, and sent it all to Meyers Manx, Inc, PO Box 1491, Valley Center, CA 92082.

You can also read information at meyersmanx.com/manx_registry.
robin93784

Post by robin93784 »

gee joe i am new to buggies and new to this site what a great welcome! didnt mean to waste your time!
lastmanx

Post by lastmanx »

robin since you are new to buggies, I suggest you join the Manxclub: that way you will have full access to this site and educate yourself on every thing buggy. anyway your buggy in my opinion is more likely not a Manx, but a copy. due to the cutting of the buggy for the engine clearance makes it butchered not rat rod. a Manx would have clearance for the corvair without cutting. the biggest scam of buggies: was and still is to call any buggy a Manx to increase perceived value. the seller never proves it just suggests it. luckily there is a way to prove it as suggested. better yet you can still buy a new Manx today. it would be cheaper to buy a new manx body than to restore the body you have. if the rest of the mechanicals and frame are good: changing the body to a new manx is fairly easy if you desire a real Manx.
check for sale ads and you will see many buggies listed as Manx when not. when a real Manx is listed it will have all official tags and emblems. also all original Manx are gell coat (colored fiberglass), so if it is painted : it's restored, no longer original. if you intend to just sell the buggy do so. hope this helps.
manxvair

Post by manxvair »

Robin, welcome to the site, the best way to verify is to contact Winnie Meyers at Meyers Manx, none the less the buggy looks to be in good shape and a platform for loads of fun. Whether its a Meyers Manx or a different manufacturer enjoy it. The Corvair power is great I have Corvair engine and transmission in one of my buggy's.
Mike Dario
Mohave Valley, AZ
Manx Club #957
Manx Club President

Tow'd (Hers)
Manxvair (His)
Manxter Dual Sport #30 Baja Edition #2 (Ours)
Resorter #19-Fuscia(under construction)