Sand FIlter Sytem

Buggy Buddies to the Rescue! Breakdowns, repairs, construction, all things technical.
ovion21

Sand FIlter Sytem

Post by ovion21 »

Hello Everyone,

Can anyone tell me the use of sand filter system and how to install it properly?

Thanks
https://www.polygroupstore.com/quick-se ... -s/332.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
jhkinca

Re: Sand FIlter Sytem

Post by jhkinca »

Do you have a picture, web link, or part number?
I little more info would be helpful.

Thanks,
John & Sonya Kieslich
5150bossman

Post by 5150bossman »

I know of sand filters for pool cleaning, but not for an automotive air or fuel filter. Are you talking something like an Outerwear air filter cover? Or maybe something like an old school centrifugal air filter?

jhkinca

Post by jhkinca »

We use the old Tri-Phase filters on the Manx and Tow'd. They work great!

John & Sonya Kieslich
jsturtlebuggy

Post by jsturtlebuggy »

CB Performance sells a Sand filter system, It is made to use with Weber IDF and Dellorto style Carbs.
Part #3387
Joseph
Manx Club #1095
Having fun with Buggies since 1970
Worked in VWs in shops since 1970
lastmanx

Post by lastmanx »

431943184317 I use the 2 stage k&n sand filter mounted under the rear passenger fender plumbed with new shop-vac plastic hose connected to a stock early air filter with no oil in it, the mesh inside is removed. This in essence creates a sand filtered velocity stack set up. the stock filter has the proper built in height velocity stack. you can also unclip the cover if you need spray carb cleaner or need inspect carb. no tools necessary. you can also connect a crankcase venting hose from the oil fill also a closed system; so no sand enters. more important is the crank pulley sand filter. the press in one is too easy. both have proven effective for 19 years for me. all these tips and more can be found in the hp book how to prep dune buggies.