easy stereo speaker location and underdash 1/2 parcel tray

Buggy Buddies to the Rescue! Breakdowns, repairs, construction, all things technical.
lastmanx

easy stereo speaker location and underdash 1/2 parcel tray

Post by lastmanx »

this is a 400 watt speaker powered by a 300 watt booster mounted under hood. the speaker is plenty load enough to hear over megaphone exhaust.4341 it is part of the 1/2 under dash parcel tray4340 . it is made of 1/2 inch plywood, then covered in marine vinyl . it is attached to the body with "L" brackets unbolt to remove for service. it holds all of my wife's books etc. the speaker is out of the weather and leaves ample leg room. on non manx without metal brace , it firms up body dash area. if you are handy make one for yourself. it has lasted 16 years with offroad use included so it is Manx tested. enlarge picture to see detail
Last edited by lastmanx on Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lastmanx

Re: easy stereo speaker location and underdash 1/2 parcel tr

Post by lastmanx »

43264325 found couple more pics. works best with 3" lift kit
jhkinca

Post by jhkinca »

And now you can get a blue tooth speaker the size of an 20oz beer can that sounds amazing and has no wires.
Some technology is good.
John & Sonya Kieslich
rzeller

Post by rzeller »

jhkinca wrote:And now you can get a blue tooth speaker the size of an 20oz beer can that sounds amazing and has no wires.
Some technology is good.
John,

You are exactly right. I went down an inexpensive and very effective path to add some sound (other than wind and motor noise) to our buggy. I bought a motorcycle blue tooth amp and speaker set and have been running it for years. Amazingly you can actually hear the music and make out the song at road speed. I did a thread on it a while ago. Check it out http://www.manxclub.com/forum/viewtopic ... +and+shake

Bud
Bud Zeller
Wilmington, NC
Manx Club Member Since 2004 - #2475
Member of the Manx Club's Long Haul League - 2015
2018 NORRA Mexican 1000 - #1356 - Bad News Racing
2022 NORRA Mexican 1000 - #3347 - Bad News Racing & ACME Companies
2023 NORRA Mexican 1000 - #1356 - Bad News Racing
'68 Meyers Manx - M1996F826S
'66 VW Kombi Bus
'73 VW Thing
cvoharley

Post by cvoharley »

rzeller wrote:
John,

You are exactly right. I went down an inexpensive and very effective path to add some sound (other than wind and motor noise) to our buggy. I bought a motorcycle blue tooth amp and speaker set and have been running it for years. Amazingly you can actually hear the music and make out the song at road speed. I did a thread on it a while ago. Check it out http://www.manxclub.com/forum/viewtopic ... +and+shake

Bud
Yeah, thanks for that Bud. I followed that whole thread. It's one of the projects that were purchased but not installed before MOTB. :lol:
AJ
Manx Club Member # 4697