Ford and Chevy Rims

Buggy Buddies to the Rescue! Breakdowns, repairs, construction, all things technical.
FulsGld

Ford and Chevy Rims

Post by FulsGld »

Hey All;

I have a 71 chassis. My front adapters/rims have a Ford lug pattern. The rear adapters/rim are a Chevy lug pattern. I would like to see if there are brake drums available that come with these lug patterns or if there are blank ones where I can have these drilled into them. Are there any vendors that supply these type of drums? Thanks.
Gary Berry
Prosser, WA
1971 Turista
1969 ManxVair
Member #1112
ManxManiac

Re: Ford and Chevy Rims

Post by ManxManiac »

Hey Gary... check at: http://www.socalautoparts.com I've bought the newer drums for customers that come "blank" & they drilled them 5 on 4 1/2" bolt circle Ford, 5 on 4 3/4" bolt circle GM & 5 on 130mm bolt circle Porsche or they can usually drill them any special way you may want!!! I'm sure there are other VW shops that do it too, but they are the only ones I've dealt with!!!
Michael Cates
ManxManiac
Ventura, CA
Original Meyers Manx "Xena"
M1609C8S22
FulsGld

Post by FulsGld »

Hey Maniac;

I'll call them tomorrow. Thanks for the tip...
Gary Berry
Prosser, WA
1971 Turista
1969 ManxVair
Member #1112
andygere

Post by andygere »

I just posted an add for undrilled front drums. These are hard to find, and not stocked by any of the VW parts vendors. I special ordered them but sold the buggy they were going to be used on. Brand new, $150 for the pair + shipping. Get the rear drums for your preferred lug pattern from SoCal, they only have the rears.

andrewgere at comcast.net
408-206-nine six three nine.

Here's a link to the ad: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/ ... id=1909771