Expertise of construction

Buggy Buddies to the Rescue! Breakdowns, repairs, construction, all things technical.
Oliver

Expertise of construction

Post by Oliver »

Hello everybody, im from Germany and i bougt a nice Buggy several years ago.
Now i repaired it and wanted to register it, but they need a certificate for the structure of fiberglas.

Does anyone have one of these or know where i can find them?

Best, Oliver
lastmanx

Re: Expertise of construction

Post by lastmanx »

Sorry I'm not sure what they are looking for, but in my state of Massachusetts USA if the buggy was previously registered and titled, that paperwork gets transferred to the new owner with a written bill of sale. In some cases they are titled as a beetle since the vehicle frame is that of a beetle and caries the original Volkswagen Vehicle Identification Number even though the body is a buggy. 16 years ago I used a title company that would in essence sell back to you on paper a bill of sale from a different state that did not require a written title, that bill of sale with your VW vehicle id number would be taken and registered with new title from Massachusetts . Basically on a paper form you sold your buggy to them and they resold it back to you from a state that didn't care to title old cars. All for a fee. It has gotten harder to do it today and may not even be done anymore. You may look into this type of action in Germany. Ask others in your country how they did it. Good luck
Oliver

Re: Expertise of construction

Post by Oliver »

Thanks a lot.
I guess that would not work for me. But i guess there are some people who build their own buggies and got some expertises from manx to register it later as a buggy, or?

Best, Oliver