Need new rear Tires

Buggy Buddies to the Rescue! Breakdowns, repairs, construction, all things technical.
Old-Towd

Need new rear Tires

Post by Old-Towd »

Need new rear tires for my Baja I have been running Yokohama super digger III they don't come with much tread depth and they're soft rubber and are not DOT, need to do more ground towing looking for a better tire that's close to my Yokohama, you can go crazy looking for tires I decided on B.F. Goodrich mud terrain T/A KM2 33x10.50R15 Walmart $214.00 EA.

The BFGoodrich Mud-Terrain T/A KM2 (KM for Key feature: Mud traction and 2 identifying it as BFGoodrich's 2nd generation KM tire) is an Off-Road Maximum Traction tire developed for off-roaders driving full-sized, lifted trucks that participate in rock climbing and/or other challenging off-road driving. The Mud-Terrain T/A KM2 is designed from the mud up to overcome almost any obstacle in its path by combining more traction and mud-clearing ability than its predecessor with a smoother ride and less road noise than normally expected from an aggressive tire.
The Mud-Terrain T/A KM2 molds an off-road tread compound into a Krawler T/A KX-inspired symmetric design that features deep, self-cleaning independent tread blocks and linear transverse flex zones that provide the elasticity needed to allow the tire to conform to off-road obstacles when aired-down and driven at low speeds.

Last edited by Old-Towd on Fri Mar 06, 2015 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jay - We Sacrifice Quality So You Can Save
1969 Sand Rover T pickup
1962 Baja / 1986 CT110 Honda Trailbike
1973 Thing / Yorba Linda,Ca.
MC 2693, RBC, DSB, SoCalBajas, hondatrailcts, BurroBuggies
jsturtlebuggy

Re: Need new rear Tires

Post by jsturtlebuggy »

Jay,
That is the same tire I using on my Dual Sport. I like them and they wear decently. I using 16psi in them for off road, road, and freeway driving.
I found them better then the All Terrain for directional stability in the dirt and sand.
Joseph
Manx Club #1095
Having fun with Buggies since 1970
Worked in VWs in shops since 1970
Old-Towd

Post by Old-Towd »

Thanks Joseph for your input and tire pressure it give me a starting point and that's interesting that you run the same pressure on road as off Road, it's a very unique tire.
Jay - We Sacrifice Quality So You Can Save
1969 Sand Rover T pickup
1962 Baja / 1986 CT110 Honda Trailbike
1973 Thing / Yorba Linda,Ca.
MC 2693, RBC, DSB, SoCalBajas, hondatrailcts, BurroBuggies
jsturtlebuggy

Post by jsturtlebuggy »

Jay,
I also have them mounted on 6.5in wide rims. I was expecting some squirm, but there is none.
Finishing up the Sea To Sea trip in 2013, I stopped by Sand Mountain in Nevada (where the Top Gun pilots sneak up from behind you about 100 feet off the deck) and surprised myself how well they work in the wet sand. I was able to climb part way up the dunes without getting stuck and never changing tire pressure.
Joseph
Manx Club #1095
Having fun with Buggies since 1970
Worked in VWs in shops since 1970
Old-Towd

Post by Old-Towd »

My tires came a week early there was a packing slip in the Walmart papers shipped from American Tire Distributors out of Los Vegas using one of warehouse in Santa Fe Springs Calif. They sure look big next to my 31 inch Buggy Tires.
Great Info. Joseph