Big Duel Carbs fitment?

Buggy Buddies to the Rescue! Breakdowns, repairs, construction, all things technical.
langan

Big Duel Carbs fitment?

Post by langan »

Currently have Kadron's on my raised engine Buggy and they barley fit. Looking at a motor with duel 44's for the stock Manx? Do they fit and if so what manifolds....Thanks
Ed-Chenal

Re: Big Duel Carbs fitment?

Post by Ed-Chenal »

I have a clone body not a Manx. At one time, I had Kadrons on it and they set higher than the Weber 40's I have on it now. I used the manifolds that come with the Weber Redline 40 Kit.
Ed
jsturtlebuggy

Post by jsturtlebuggy »

Gene Berg's IDF/DRLA manifolds are 4in tall measured from the valve cover rail (place valve cover fits over). They are what I used for clearance on my Kick Out. Manifolds for type III engines are even shorter, but require some fabrication for clearance of linkage on some applications.
Joseph
Manx Club #1095
Having fun with Buggies since 1970
Worked in VWs in shops since 1970
langan

Post by langan »

Yes was thinking of manifolds for square backs good to know about Berg no idea were to get them. Empi has a low duel carb mamifolds? Are there carbs ok? I find new is always better with carbs.
faizanmazhar00

Post by faizanmazhar00 »

langan wrote: Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:18 am Currently have Kadron's on my raised engine Buggy and they barley fit. Looking at a motor with duel 44's for the stock Manx? Do they fit and if so what manifolds....Thanks
Okay