Where Are They At???

Buggy Buddies to the Rescue! Breakdowns, repairs, construction, all things technical.
theManiac

Where Are They At???

Post by theManiac »

I recently loaned a bunch of my buggy related VHS tapes & DVDs to a local fellow, to help inspire him to rebuild/restore his original Meyers Manx & to start using it more. When he brought back the tapes/DVDs, he asked me where the 100+ buggys that show up at Big Bear each year, go play the rest of the year??? The last Big Bear he attended had 125 buggys, but the next MC run only had about 70 buggys. He wonders where the other 55 buggys were at??? Good question!!! While conversing, I discovered that he has owned his original Manx 40 years, but has only driven it about 20,000 miles in that length of time. The end of May 2010, Patricia & I will have driven our Manx "Xena" for 10 years & put a little over 75,000 (driven) miles on her, we don't count the tow miles. I guess some folks just aren't the "buggy maniacs" that we are! Once the reverse-rotation Corvair gets finished & installed & some other upgrades get done, Patricia & I plan on making some longer buggy trips. We might even pull a Vincent & cruise all the way across the country!!! So get your buggys out of hibernation, clean them up & check them out to make sure they are safe & reliable & head out on a road trip!!! A few miles or a long distance or a quick trip to the market, you'll be glad you did!!!
deadeyebart

Post by deadeyebart »

I drive mine pretty much every day when it's above 45 degrees and not raining. My inclement weather car is my 67 Baja bug.