It shouldn't happen to a Manx...

Buggy Buddies to the Rescue! Breakdowns, repairs, construction, all things technical.
manxdavid

It shouldn't happen to a Manx...

Post by manxdavid »

In my opinion of course, but this guy seems so proud of what he's done to a genuine Manx...not for me though and certainly not at that price!!! http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VW-BEACH-BUGGY-ME ... .m63.l1177 Image
"Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something." (Plato)
rzeller

Post by rzeller »

Yikes! I do like the chrome roll bar/cage setup though.
Bud Zeller
Wilmington, NC
Manx Club Member Since 2004 - #2475
Member of the Manx Club's Long Haul League - 2015
2018 NORRA Mexican 1000 - #1356 - Bad News Racing
2022 NORRA Mexican 1000 - #3347 - Bad News Racing & ACME Companies
2023 NORRA Mexican 1000 - #1356 - Bad News Racing
'68 Meyers Manx - M1996F826S
'66 VW Kombi Bus
'73 VW Thing
tim morgan

Post by tim morgan »

I really don't think that's the best example that Australia has to offer,,At least I hope not,,,,Do pimps even look on EBay ????
ManxMe

Post by ManxMe »

I think they did a nice job! You may not agree with all their choices, but you have to admit that it's clean and appears to be well-built.
ralphdjeeper

manx

Post by ralphdjeeper »

Nice looking,price is out to lunch,can only say good luck.
mel hubbard

Post by mel hubbard »

Yup, the owners been pimped for sure!!!. No my cuppa Dave, but I bet my rat infested buggy would not be his cuppa either. Lets just face it Dave, we are just old n grumpy now daze,,, did you ever see the sound system in Steves old wide bodied Manx?? you could hear those sounds thumping from a mile away.
newmanx59

Post by newmanx59 »

[QUOTE="ManxMe;14565"]I think they did a nice job! You may not agree with all their choices, but you have to admit that it's clean and appears to be well-built.[/QUOTE] The didn't think the install out....The accuracy of the sound reproduction at any speed over 25mph will be awful. The wind blowing over the rear seat area will alter the travel of the cones causing all kinds of odd sounds. In other words it's a major waste of money if you can't enjoy quality sound when you are driving the buggy.
vincent9993

Post by vincent9993 »

At least he can use those cones to capture rain water for survival!
Vincent Parisien
MC Director - MC 2696
Long Haul League, '69 Kick-Out-S.S., '59 Berrien Nostalgia, '73 Manxter (in progress)
Trips
TMc2548

Post by TMc2548 »

I remember this buggy from it's entry to the BOTM. http://www.manxclub.com/botm-2007-02/1.htm
towdster2

shouldn't happen to a Manx....

Post by towdster2 »

I have my own idea on sound systems/stereo in a Manx. I don't want any at all in my Manx! That is the purpose of a Manx,,to get AWAY from it all...to enjoy "the wild", nature...not man made sounds. Rick
Gene-C

Post by Gene-C »

HEY! It sure looks good?? You park it @ a Show turn up the volume and man, your'e cool!!! Otherwise it was a waste of good monies!!
Lee

Post by Lee »

"...enjoy "the wild", nature...not man made sounds." You got it, Rick! The only "stereo" in my Manx is the sound of the engine purring along. Driving the buggy solo through the desert, every aspect of the buggy's condition deserves your full attention. After all the exploration of the day is done we get to my favorite part. The buggy is parked, we make camp, and we enjoy all the sounds nature has to offer, even if those sounds are complete and absolute silence.
manxdavid

Post by manxdavid »

[QUOTE="Lee;14637"]"...enjoy "the wild", nature...not man made sounds." You got it, Rick! The only "stereo" in my Manx is the sound of the engine purring along. Driving the buggy solo through the desert, every aspect of the buggy's condition deserves your full attention.[/QUOTE] I got a sound system like yours. A sidewinder exhaust, an intermediate camshaft and a size 12 Van's right sneaker...
"Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something." (Plato)