what is a good wax , polish to use?

Buggy Buddies to the Rescue! Breakdowns, repairs, construction, all things technical.
tat99

what is a good wax , polish to use?

Post by tat99 »

does any one know what product would work on a original 68 gel coat finish to remove fine scratches and not damage the original finish and shine. it is shinny right now but i would like to make it a little better. thanks for your help.
markmark

Post by markmark »

I use polish for fibreglass boats. It's designed for gel coat finishes and works really well. I can't give you a brand name until I get home next week.
Paul Shook

Post by Paul Shook »

Hola......I have been satisfied using 3M "Marine Super Duty Rubbing Compound" followed with their "Fiberglass Cleaner & Wax." Most boat/marine stores carry 3M products. See what other responses you get.... Pablo of LaCosta
mel hubbard

Post by mel hubbard »

Polishing compounds can be used like the Farecla range,,,, G3,,G6,,G7 etc they will remove surface defects & light scratches on well cured paint and GRP. I have used Meguiars soft blue mold release wax on finished GRP products,,, my way of thinking is,,,, if that stuff is good enough to use on a mold,,, then it must be more than good enough to use on the things that come out of that mold. I just use that stuff because its laying around the shop,, but the stuff Mark and Paul uses sounds fine to me. Hope you gota polishing mop,,, gel-coat is rock hard,,, even small scratches take some shifting :help: