manxter pix

Buggy Buddies to the Rescue! Breakdowns, repairs, construction, all things technical.
GotManx

Post by GotManx »

[QUOTE="Complex One"]I think that if I were Jon I would certainly be thinking pretty quickly and seriously about getting some type of viable skid plate on the bottom of that Manxter especially under the added oil capacity tank. Last I checked those rocks will win every time. :eek: [/QUOTE] I'm working on that. I've taken a couple of sumps off my Classic Manx that way.
Complex One

Post by Complex One »

Jon, Had me scared there for a minute. :hello: So just how does a full length chassi Manxter handle on those rock climbs. The only buggies that I have ever tried that with were the original 14.5" shortened pans but have never considered taking my most recent and current Manxter #37 off road as it is only a street machine and not the dual sport. Fun Time Regardless. Just always keep the shiny side up and keep enjoying the ride and experiences. Something that you and especially the kids will always remember for a lifetime.
markmark

Post by markmark »

[QUOTE="OldManx"]Image Image Image This is a VERY well thought-out car............... :rock:[/QUOTE] I love the colour
markmark

Post by markmark »

[QUOTE="Olli"]MarkMark, The Manxter goes on a FULL length pan. Olli[/QUOTE] That's my point. You don't have to shorten a pan for a Manxter making it much easier to register. We need them in Australia!
GotManx

Post by GotManx »

[QUOTE="Complex One"] So just how does a full length chassi Manxter handle on those rock climbs. [/QUOTE] It works just fine. I have the gas tank in the rear to keep the weight off the front so its seems to climb just as good as a short car. I also have a little more suspension travel to help out. The kids love to ride in the buggy. Just bringing them up right.
Complex One

Post by Complex One »

Jon, Thanks...I was just curious as a shortened chassi always balanced better with more weight distribution always towards the rear of the vehicle. Much tighter turning radius and overall maneuverability that could roll on three wheels (1) front and (2) rear if a spare was not readily available or at least to some point of rolling anyway. :roll: So if you placed the fuel cell in the rear behind the back seats what did you put in the OEM tank area or is that just more storage?
GotManx

Post by GotManx »

I have my shocks mounted inboard under the hood. With the shocks, rack and pinion and mounting, there isn't alot of space left in there. I did find a couple of 2gal. gas cans that I can carry up there for long trips.
manx1111pla

Post by manx1111pla »

Hey Jon, what kind and size are your tires they look great. they also look very agressive, how do they handle and ride Dale
GotManx

Post by GotManx »

[QUOTE="dse50"]Hey Jon, what kind and size are your tires they look great. they also look very agressive, how do they handle and ride[/QUOTE] They are Goodyear MTR's. 225/75/16 front and 265/75/16 rear. I like them alot. They are soft when aired down and I've done a few freeway trips and they ride nice without a lot of noise.
dustygary

Post by dustygary »

[QUOTE="manxter10"][font=Comic Sans MS]It is unfortunate that the pics do not face up as well as this buggy looks in person. Jon takes building a buggy to a whole new level. Nothing is left to chance. Simple, efficient, purposeful, no bling.[/QUOTE] I finally got to see Jon's car in Big Bear 06. Definitely worth the flight, rental car and hotel. I too found that the pictures don't do it justice. Jon and his car are as good as they come. Great car! The ride with Bruce in the Dual Sport was also trip worthy. It turned me Subi! Dusty