Sidepods or not???

Buggy Buddies to the Rescue! Breakdowns, repairs, construction, all things technical.
manxdavid

Sidepods or not???

Post by manxdavid »

I can't decide... The original plan was for a 'bare-bones' basic Buggy, but I've got the pods anyway so just can't make my mind up!!! Image Image 'scuse the jack, and the waterproof seatcovers...!!!
"Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something." (Plato)
joemama

Post by joemama »

I personally like the clean simple lines of a barebones buggy, gets down to basics. But, having said that, looks great either way!
Jon

Pod People Unite

Post by Jon »

GO FOR IT!. Pods Are In
90volts

Post by 90volts »

it looks much more finished with the pods. i went through the same thing. i decided to go for a period look and i just don't see a lot of pods on the original cars- like the old photo and all. were they around back in the day. i also like the contrast with a light color and the black. but it does look really sweet with the pods. its a tough call but think about what your overall look is that you're going for.
manxfwin

Sidepods

Post by manxfwin »

The pods add the 'finished touch",just do it !!
Lee

Post by Lee »

Your buggy looks really good either way. I had the same dilemma. I had the option to get the pods when I ordered my Siggy Manx. They would be gel coated the same color as the car, so I did not pass up on that opportunity. I couldn't decide on whether to use them or not until I did what you did, mocking them up to see how it looked. That sold me on them. The car just looks more complete with the pods. You can also store things in them, so that's an added bonus. If you are going to do serious four wheeling with the buggy, you might not want to use them, as mine have taken a bit of a beating. It all boils down to personal preference, but once the holes are drilled, they are drilled. Sorry! :D
Reverb

Post by Reverb »

I think it depends on what you plan on doing with the buggy. If you plan on a lot of off roading, then no pods. But for a street buggy, I like the look of the pods. I would remove the jack though...might make it ride rough. :D
newmanx59

Post by newmanx59 »

I can't get enough of that color...Use the pods!!!
Siggymanx33

Post by Siggymanx33 »

Ulitmately it's up to you, at least you have them to fit at a later date. Personally, I love they way they look on my buggy....really gives it a racy look and changes the lines. I think Bruce did a great job with making them look like part of the body. One question for you Dave, When I build another buggy, I would make it look completely differentthen what I currently have . Your's looks strickingly similar to your orange Manx. (looks great by the way) Do you like what you have in the orange one so much that you need two, just in different colors? Plan on selling one? Just wondering. No offense meant by the way, I agree with Jerry, that is one of the best looking buggy colors that I have seen.
fubar

Post by fubar »

Looks sharp either way.. I would paint the jack to match if you go with the pods.
Lee

Post by Lee »

"If you plan on a lot of off roading, then no pods." You're probably right, but it doesn't really stop me. Besides, the rocks look better with the occasional blue stripe! Image Image
manxdavid

Post by manxdavid »

[QUOTE="SiggyManx#33"] One question for you Dave, When I build another buggy, I would make it look completely differentthen what I currently have . Your's looks strickingly similar to your orange Manx. (looks great by the way) Do you like what you have in the orange one so much that you need two, just in different colors? Plan on selling one? Just wondering. No offense meant by the way,[QUOTE] I'm running the wheels and engine from the orange one in this one for now on a temporary basis. I originally just fancied a color change on the orange one as it's been on the road for five years or so now; but the new body was cheaper than a paint job. I may sell them both next year to finance a Manxter...not too sure yet...
"Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something." (Plato)
mel hubbard

Post by mel hubbard »

How bout a rear-pod Dave :D Made the mold now, if you speek to Chuck.
MickeyUSA

Post by MickeyUSA »

Like this? Found this somewhere So I can not take credit.
david-glenn

Post by david-glenn »

Dave,(SiggyManx 33)-- I really like those wheels on your red siggy. are they Centerline? what size are you running front and back? thanks, dg