Nascar

Buggy Buddies to the Rescue! Breakdowns, repairs, construction, all things technical.
fubar

Post by fubar »

Sorry, I may go to hell for saying this, but I find Nascar only slightly more interesting than watching golf on TV. Maybe if the anouncers would shut up long enough to hear the cars? Or if it was not a 2 hour comercial for Vagisil and Tide???
MickeyUSA

Post by MickeyUSA »

Have to agree with Fubar on this one, Ten years ago I would watch every minute of the race then try to figure out what happened to my Sunday.
CoKev

Post by CoKev »

Scott, Ya'll need to move out here in Wyoming. Got cars everwhere, no neighbors to care, Shooting Range(200yd) 20 ft from the garage. Proud Redneck,
Gene-C

Post by Gene-C »

Kev, Yea thats how it was when I lived in Virginia. Used to just wak outside and start shooting. No neibors to worry about. Once i went to visit a house around 3 miles away just to say hi. I was met at the door with a shotgun and the statement "What the hell do you want?"... Got to love it!!!
Reverb

Post by Reverb »

This thread reminds me of a Jeff Foxworthy take...You might be a Redneck if...
newmanx59

Post by newmanx59 »

It took the "Good ol Boys" 40 or so years of tinkering with the Ford and Chevy V8's to get them where they are now, and NASCAR just gives the technology to the Japanese car companies. Thanks, I like NASCAR even less now. :x
fubar

Post by fubar »

If they let the "good ol boys" "tinker" with a Ford Triton overhead cam v-8, a cosworth, Northstar v-8,etc. It would be Hiroshima all over again. I cannot believe the power they can get from a pushrod v-8 with a restricter plate.....If they let Dodge (owned by Daimler Benz) use an overhead cam engine we can wipe out every "foreing competitor". doesn't Ford own Volvo now????? I drive a Toyota land cruiser with a 255 GMC desinged 6 cly built in Japan. Let them race that hunk of **** at daytona....It WILL finish in a month or so....
newmanx59

Post by newmanx59 »

You mean to tell me we have another Land Cruiser owner in the Manx Club? Here is a picture of my 77, FJ-40 w/ 65,000 miles on it. Image
fubar

Post by fubar »

Very nice looking Cruiser! I used to have a 64 fj40 with a 350, and a couple fj 55's. The one I drive now is an 85 fj-60. Last spring it blew a head gasket towing the buggy to the beach. Now it has a header , a weber, and 212,000 miles on it. I have a friend who is into those Rover Defenders, his mechanic told him to get cruiser running gear if he wanted something that would not break so often. I am sure it has nothing to do with his driving style....One day at the beach the same guy taco'd a wheel, flipped over backwards, then blew a cv joint doing wheelies. (sand car )All we do is work on his buggy when he goes with.