Nascar

Buggy Buddies to the Rescue! Breakdowns, repairs, construction, all things technical.
Gene-C

Nascar

Post by Gene-C »

Just wondering how many race fans are here. I'm new to NASCAR. This is my 3rd season. I find it almost as addictive as buggies. Whos your favorite driver? I like 99 Carl Edwards.
newmanx59

Post by newmanx59 »

I was a big NASCAR fan until the sport went downhill. NASCAR was the epitome of inginuity, now you can't even choose the tire compound or gear ratios you want to run. All the cars are the same and now Toyota is coming to NASCAR? NO THANKS! Dale Sr. is, and will always be the real KING!
mel hubbard

Post by mel hubbard »

[QUOTE="WuZaBuG"]Just wondering how many race fans are here. I'm new to NASCAR. This is my 3rd season. I find it almost as addictive as buggies. Whos your favorite driver? I like 99 Carl Edwards.[/QUOTE] My ol Baja buddy from Torrance Ca (Gary Neese) an ex Manx club member is a big fan of Nascar,,, i would love to go n see that stuff :rock: All I have is a NASCAR tee shirt that says on the back,,,,, I WISH THEY ALL COULD BE CALIFORNIAN NASCAR GIRLS :cool: And a pic of Dick Trickles car from a few years back. Have you seen those MINI NASCARS??? they run 1200cc Yamaha motors,, they look allmost as much fun as the real thing.
manxdavid

Post by manxdavid »

I'd be careful there Scott, your neck's looking a bit 'red' there!!!LOL. Only joking, I don't know that much about it but love it all the same :rock:
"Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something." (Plato)
mel hubbard

Post by mel hubbard »

[QUOTE="newmanx59"]I was a big NASCAR fan until the sport went downhill. NASCAR was the epitome of inginuity, now you can't even choose the tire compound or gear ratios you want to run. All the cars are the same and now Toyota is coming to NASCAR? NO THANKS! Dale Sr. is, and will always be the real KING![/QUOTE] TOYOTA IN NASCAR :eek: What happenned to the ol Galaxies with the 525bhp 427 CID motors :D I sometimes get to see Nascar on UK TV if i sit up till 2am,,, i guess if all the cars are the same spec at least you get find out the best drivers,, unlike F1.
Gene-C

Post by Gene-C »

[QUOTE="Manxdavid"]I'd be careful there Scott, your neck's looking a bit 'red' there!!!LOL. Only joking, I don't know that much about it but love it all the same :rock:[/QUOTE] LOL, And whats wrong with being a redneck? I have junk cars in my yard, A BIG fire pit, I collect aluminum cans, listen to country music, fly a Confederate flag in front of my house, nail "found" street signs to my garage, drive a pick-up truck, heat my house with a wood stove, decorate my house with dead animal skins, eat venison (deer meat), squirrel hunt, collect NASCAR memoriabiella, wear a baseball cap every day, play a banjo (sort of). I have eaten road kill, lived in a house w/o running water and had an outhouse. I love Jeff Foxworthy, Ron White and Larry The Cable Guy. I camp in my yard in the summer, belong to the NRA and Shoot my guns up in the air on new years eve.:drinking:
mel hubbard

Post by mel hubbard »

Just done a check,,,,,I have the junk cars in the yard,,,drive a pickup,,,have a woodstove,,,shoot my 12 gauge in the back yard,,listen to Johnny Cash at times,,,and watch Nascar only when they show it on UK TV,,, so i must only be a half redneck :D or could that be a pikey Dave?? :help:
Gene-C

Post by Gene-C »

[QUOTE="mel hubbard"]Just done a check,,,,,I have the junk cars in the yard,,,drive a pickup,,,have a woodstove,,,shoot my 12 gauge in the back yard,,listen to Johnny Cash at times,,,and watch Nascar only when they show it on UK TV,,, so i must only be a half redneck :D or could that be a pikey Dave?? :help:[/QUOTE] Mel, You must be a redneck...:D Whats a pikey dave???
Mvovr

Post by Mvovr »

Dale Jr for me. I go to Homestead every year since the track opened. I am also planning a trip to Indy this year for the Indy 500. I like anything with wheels that races from dirt to F1. However Nascar is my favorite racing sport.!!!! GO JR!!!!!! #8 Of course like most I was and still am a Dale Earnhardt Sr. Fan!!! May he rest in Peace!!!
dpauli

Post by dpauli »

I?m with Jerry on this subject. I gave up on NASCAR when they made all the cars the same and slowed them down with restrictor plates. When I was a kid I really got into it. That was when the winged Dodges/Plymouths and Torino Talladegas were running. A friend invited me to the Pepsi 400 (formerly the Firecracker 400) last year and I actually got bored with the same pack of cars going around. Racing isn?t much fun to watch when no one can pass. If you have Speed on your cable system catch ?Back in the Day? with Dale Jr.. Yesterday they showed the 1975 Atlanta 500. Richard Petty and David Pearson battling at 200 MPH. Good racing! Just my opinion, Dave
mel hubbard

Post by mel hubbard »

Yesterday they showed the 1975 Atlanta 500. Richard Petty and David Pearson battling at 200 MPH. Good racing! Just my opinion, Dave[/QUOTE] Bring back the good ol days of racing for sure :rock: cant speak too much for Nascar but I was born and grew up just down the road from Brands Hatch circuit,,,and spent my early days watching guys like Ickx,, Andretti,, Peterson,,, etc etc it never got much more exciting that,, for me ,,, well maybe Roberts (USA) and Sheen (UK) gave us some mega stuff on two wheels way back. Superbike (now)is as good as ever,,, and it gets faster :evil: Trust me n watch it :drinking:
manxdavid

Post by manxdavid »

[QUOTE="WuZaBuG"]Mel, You must be a redneck...:D Whats a pikey dave???[/QUOTE] Pikey's an impolite term for a gypsy, not that I can think of any polite terms...
"Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something." (Plato)
newmanx59

Post by newmanx59 »

I am still at a loss as to what engine Toyota is going to use, seeing that the rules state it must be a pushrod V-8 and Toyota doesn't make a pushrod V-8. It is also supposed to come from a production vehicle. My guess is that Toyota will develop their own pushrod V-8 to use only in NASCAR. in that case, why does GM, Ford and Dodge have to use production engines? NASCAR is making a big mistake, just wait until Honda gets their foot into NASCAR's door.
Gene-C

Post by Gene-C »

[QUOTE="Manxdavid"]Pikey's an impolite term for a gypsy, not that I can think of any polite terms...[/QUOTE] Thanks David.
dpauli

Post by dpauli »

I read last year that the NASCAR guys gave Toyota a Ford and a Chevy engine to ?study? to develop thier pushrod engine. They are running it now in the truck series. NASCAR is giving Toyota a ?bye? on the production rule. Sounds to me like the France family has both GM and Toyota in their pockets.