Seats

Buggy Buddies to the Rescue! Breakdowns, repairs, construction, all things technical.
Reverb

Seats

Post by Reverb »

Anybody know anything about these seats? They`re $285.00 including sliders and shipping.Image Image http://www.tunerseats.com/displayProduc ... tegoryId=3
shaihulud

Post by shaihulud »

My only suggestion to you is that buggy floors are quite narrow, so you will need to find out if that 21" is the width of the seat or the distance apart of the sliders. A 21" wide seat will fit nicely, but it is possible that the sliders won't fit onto the floor.
Gene-C

Post by Gene-C »

TunerSeats.com is owned/run by a gentleman named Matt Sharp. He had advertised some stuff on theSamba in April of this year. We struck a deal and the PayPal money was fired off. We're in December now and still no parts. He has offered(after several tries via e-mail) to return my $$, but I want the parts. They're hard to find and I need them. Every few weeks, I'd push his button with an e-mail, but so far I still have not seen my goods. All I got was lip service about how busy he was and how the stuff cost more to ship than it was worth. I can quote some of what his last e-mail said here, but it wasn't very nice. Check his feedback on theSamba before purchasing. Of course, you're not too far from his HQ, so maybe you'll have better luck. If you see a box with a fan shroud and cylinder tins, snag it for me. I'll pay you to pick it up and ship it. Honest!!
Mvovr

Post by Mvovr »

I have similar http://www.elgauges.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=246 seats in red and I want to get them out of my buggy!!!! They are super comfy but the do not slide unless I raise them up with slides 3 inches off the floor(too wide) also they look to big for the buggy. With my kids in the back its hard to keep an eye on them. I plan on going to shorter seats very soon. Did I mention I have to clean them with duct tape because the cloth is super sticky. I went off roading and it took me over 1 hour to get my seats clean. (and that was no mud just leaves, sticks, straw and stuff. My:2cents:
5150bossman

Post by 5150bossman »

I have the same seats as the red ones in my buggy, but in blue. They are 19" wide and slide just fine. Only thing is, I do have a 3" lift kit on my buggy, which brings the proportions in line. When I ordered them, it took three months, many e-mails and phone calls, and sending several incorrect seats back (on the seller's Fed-Ex account! He wanted me to ship them back at my expense and said he would refund the difference to me. What, am I stoooopid? :eek: ). I finally got the seats that I have, but were the wrong color combination :x . I gave up and just installed them. The did grow on me and now I like the way they look. The seller had a very high E-Bay rating, but that didn't help me out at all. :2cents:
Mvovr

Post by Mvovr »

The 3 inches is the key to get the slides to work. I did not want the seats any higher so I just mounted the slides and thats where they stay. I used the slides that came with the seats.
Gene-C

Post by Gene-C »

All Thi ssound like buying the cheaper seats ends up costing more than just going with beard or prp. Phone calls, ect. I have a set of each, but I have found a factory car seat to be more comfrable than each of these. beard and prp are the same seat. Even the stiching on the cover is the same
90volts

Post by 90volts »

i've got the prp premiers. i would definately go with the beard if i was doing it again. dave's are much more comfortable than mine. anyway, mine are 21 inches wide and slide fine. i got the manx sliders that prp sells with their seats. they were way too tall. had to cut them in half to lower them where i'm not looking over the windshield. they still slide fine. still too tall though, i'm just going to bolt them to the floor. so why are you concerned with sliding? does more than just you drive the buggy? i don't have to worry about it cause i'm the only driver on mine. the only time i slide them is to clean out underneath. makes it a little more easy.
Mvovr

Post by Mvovr »

My wife can not reach the pedels with my seat where it's mounted. If I get slides she can drive it. :eek: Maybe I should keep my seats afterall..........:D
5150bossman

Post by 5150bossman »

Be sure to measure what kind of room you have inside the buggy. I have 19" seats because the inside of my clone is 4" narrower than other buggies. The 21" seats may fit, but be sure to check before you buy. :2cents:
Gene-C

Post by Gene-C »

I went with the PRP roadsters. I love them and they are light!!! I used sliders from a GM seat(fiero) and they added virtually no height to the seat. They are 19inches wide. I think they were 385.00 shipped to my door. MURZ Image Image
Gene-C

Post by Gene-C »

I like the look of the Cobra Classic Seats, and they look like they would fit perfectly. However I can't seem to find them in the US for less than $249.00 each. I've sourced them in the UK for $275.25 for the pair, and may go that route. http://www.minisport.com/classic-mini-shop/products/interior-styling/seats-seatbelts-harnesses/cobra-seats-and-packages/classic/cobra-classic-product.html
UncleBob

Post by UncleBob »

[QUOTE="bigblksoul"]I like the look of the Cobra Classic Seats, and they look like they would fit perfectly. However I can't seem to find them in the US for less than $249.00 each. I've sourced them in the UK for $275.25 for the pair, and may go that route. http://www.minisport.com/classic-mini-shop/products/interior-styling/seats-seatbelts-harnesses/cobra-seats-and-packages/classic/cobra-classic-product.html[/QUOTE] Those ARE sweet. They have a vintage look. Image
Gene-C

Post by Gene-C »

I just missed out on a pair of the Cobra's on eBay for a nice price. The next time I'm in the UK I'm thinking about purchasing a pair and bringing them back one at a time as part of my luggage.
90volts

Post by 90volts »

i haven't started to seriously look yet, but i am thinking of these. cobras also, but with a more rounded edge. these are in a real cobra.anyone know where to find these? [img][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v444/ ... terior.jpg[/img][/IMG]