Florida Get Together !!!!

Buggy Buddies to the Rescue! Breakdowns, repairs, construction, all things technical.
flaboyjim

Florida Get Together !!!!

Post by flaboyjim »

We were too excited about Bug Jam to discuss the get together - ok, lets narrow it down some. This is not confined to Florida Buggies, but will be held somewhere in Florida (TBD later)
Gene-C

Post by Gene-C »

I voted March cuz Jan. and Feb. might be cccold. However I'm game for whatever others want to do.
Gene-C

Post by Gene-C »

I voted March cuz Jan. and Feb. might be cccold. However I'm game for whatever others want to do. See you Friday Jim. I'll call you Wednesday to make arrangements if that's ok with you.
domorr

Post by domorr »

March is the best! Not to hot and not to cold!!
dpauli

Post by dpauli »

March works for me. Just don?t make it during Bike Week. Happy Thanksgiving, Dave
UncleBob

Post by UncleBob »

March is nice. Let's roll.
racetearoffs

Post by racetearoffs »

I would like to get together / I missed the bug jam because of schedule but would like to a meet on the west coast from st pete to tallahassee or somewhere in between ... If its in my hometown of Homosassa or crystal river i will provide food and beverage for 12 , come dive with t he manatees
UncleBob

Post by UncleBob »

[QUOTE="racetearoffs"] come dive with the manatees[/QUOTE] You can get a stiff fine for that. But, if you're in a secluded area, sign me up for the 'Manatee Experience'. Do you have a saddle?
flaboyjim

Post by flaboyjim »

I spoke to several "lodges" in the forest today. One shows a bit of promise - has camping, cabins and a meeting hall. That way, those that dont want to camp dont have too. I will be puttting some links up soon. Hey racetearoffs, why not come on down State Road 200? We promise a good ole time !!! :rock:
racetearoffs

Post by racetearoffs »

whatever is good for the majority is fine . I should be driving by the end of the year and camping is great . www.keatonbeach.org I have some hunting property up that way
flaboyjim

Post by flaboyjim »

There are not that many hotels or cabins in the forest as I thought. I did find these Salt Springs Lodge that are available for two weekends in March. There are two bedroom and three bedroom's available. The two is $85. and the three is $105. per night. This is just about 1 mile from the national forest campground where the campers could stay if they want. It is about 6 miles south of where we were last March. The dates available are 10-12th and 23-25th. Seems that everything else is taken. Guess that we need to reserve ASAP to lock in those dates.....
Mvovr

Post by Mvovr »

March is good by me!!! :driving:
domorr

Post by domorr »

Hey Jim, March 23rd & 24th are fine by me. The March 10th weekend is still bike week I beleave. If every one else is fine with it lets settle on that weekend.
racetearoffs

Post by racetearoffs »

http://sebringraceway.com/tickets_sebring.html the 16 th- 19th no good for me
flaboyjim

Post by flaboyjim »

OK - I think that March 24 & 25 get the vote. Now - who will camp, and who will stay at the "lodge"?