Looking for photos

Buggy Buddies to the Rescue! Breakdowns, repairs, construction, all things technical.
Gene-C

Looking for photos

Post by Gene-C »

A buddy got a hold of an old B&W photo of a drag buggy leaving the line 'wheels up,' and got the idea in his head to do one like it in scale(based on the original AMT Manx kit). Reference material is in short supply, and I'd like to show him the 'Purple Potato Chip' Manx race car too. Anyone got pics or links that might be helpful? Thanks in advance! Here's the original pic I mentioned above: Image By the front hood & rear fender contours, I'll say it's not a Manx.
allen pierce

Post by allen pierce »

Well, while this "going in a straight line" thing is NOT my cup of tee, I did capture something like what you are looking for at the BugIn32. Image Image Says... Dutchers Speed Shop on the buggy. Looks like an El Lobo to me, but, what do I know? Others might be able to fill you in on more details.
gregr

Post by gregr »

Try this, second row middle. Purple Potato Chip :driving:
GregR
Gene-C

Post by Gene-C »

For some reason those two pictures would not come up for me.....so after about 20 trys....tada! Image Image
Gene-C

Post by Gene-C »

couple more.... ImageImage
Mvovr

Post by Mvovr »

Awesome shots man!!! I had trouble getting them up as well. Maybe we are all looking at the same time. hehe
manxdude

photos

Post by manxdude »

Imagewheelies
Gene-C

Post by Gene-C »

I have been away from my computer for a few days, and come back to find a good batch of pics....thanks, everyone. I'll forward this thread right to my buddy.
Gene-C

Post by Gene-C »

I Love the look of those drag racing buggies!!!!!:cool: Image Image