Any of you guys use "roll on " primer?

Buggy Buddies to the Rescue! Breakdowns, repairs, construction, all things technical.
Gene-C

Any of you guys use "roll on " primer?

Post by Gene-C »

I've been doing a bit of reasearch on this recently. Seems like it might be a good option, just don't know about doing the whole body. This guy used it on his "kit" plane. Plane body work.I don't currently have a good setup for spraying, so I thought this might be a good way to go. Anyone? Roll On Primer
mel hubbard

Post by mel hubbard »

I have done it with primer, works well with sponge rollers, I have also put gel coat onto moulds with the same type rollers, that works fine also. As with all car paintwork, its 90% prep work, a good paint sprayer is not worth as much as a good prep guy, put a guide coat on the primer, flat it down by hand, get this stuff perfect, and the paint guy gets an easy job :cool:
mel hubbard

Post by mel hubbard »

Have you tried polyester spray on filler (bondo i think you call it) you can put this stuff on with a roller, in UK its called,, Reface ,,made by Upol. This will fill 40 grit scratches without sinkage, in bondo. Good stuff when working with GRP, it is even possible to use this in place of gel coat, in moulds, for paintable parts :eek: well it worked once for me :D